Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
He may not have understood English, but he wasn't acting like that w/ the other teams. He understood the girls were being b*tches and decided to screw them as much as he could. I would have done the same.
I have said it before, but I'll just say it again! I HATE Jaime and Cara! Gawd...those girls are so darn rude. The guy who was working at that stop does not understand English (or at least what he understood was very minimal). I don't think he was trying to sabotage them (though I would have if I were in his shoes). They were screaming at him. Imagine if you didn't speak a language and some idiots came in and started screaming at you...all you would hear was "blah, blah, blah...YES!!!! or NO!!!!" It reminds me of that cartoon of the Far Side where the guy is talking to his dog and all the dog hears is "blah blah blah spot blah blah blah". Karma came back to bite them though as team after team came and went and there they were still standing there.

I was sad to see Mel and Mike go though they probably wouldn't have done much better as the race went on. The midgets need to go just because yet again, they didn't read their clue. So far, they have just gotten lucky. But, is anyone other than me surprised that they were literally an hour ahead of the other teams? I thought for sure they would have nearly everyone beating them to the pit stop, yet the first team behind them only had about 10 minutes to spare. Didn't they all get on the same plane? Usually the race is a lot closer than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 05:13 PM

347 posts, read 934,185 times
it is always deceiving how close it is. you cannot tell unless they all run up together. Sometimes you can look at shadows.

The penalty for hiding the pumps was stupid. I would be doing things like cutting peoples back pack straps etc to gain an edge. And i do not remember them reading the clue and saying they cannot get someone to help like that. Maybe it is a new rule.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
the year Rob and Amber were on, they did worse things than that. Which may have caused AR to enact new policies. Romber always does whatever they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
it is always deceiving how close it is. you cannot tell unless they all run up together. Sometimes you can look at shadows.

The penalty for hiding the pumps was stupid. I would be doing things like cutting peoples back pack straps etc to gain an edge. And i do not remember them reading the clue and saying they cannot get someone to help like that. Maybe it is a new rule.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
the year Rob and Amber were on, they did worse things than that. Which may have caused AR to enact new policies. Romber always does whatever they want.
I know...it's not like they took the pumps...they just put them in the can. I don't see too much difference between that and the "don't tell them what airlines tickets you've booked for us" or last year when they were running around the ruins trying to find that prayer chapel and the guy ran up and asked if they'd found it and although they had, they answered "no." Using the term deliberate sabotage is a little weird.

Speaking of teams I hate...Rob and Amber still take the cake on that one. Last I heard, Rob was pursuing his "dream" of being a professional poker player and Amber wrote a book of advice for girls. Gee, now that's a book I'll buy for my daughter...how to land a guy like Rob. Every mother's dream for their little girl!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:40 PM

LOL@you and the Amber book comment!!!

But yea, and last night on TAR--I was wondering why the others didn't notice a flat tire duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I know...it's not like they took the pumps...they just put them in the can. I don't see too much difference between that and the "don't tell them what airlines tickets you've booked for us" or last year when they were running around the ruins trying to find that prayer chapel and the guy ran up and asked if they'd found it and although they had, they answered "no." Using the term deliberate sabotage is a little weird.

Speaking of teams I hate...Rob and Amber still take the cake on that one. Last I heard, Rob was pursuing his "dream" of being a professional poker player and Amber wrote a book of advice for girls. Gee, now that's a book I'll buy for my daughter...how to land a guy like Rob. Every mother's dream for their little girl!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:40 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
I love Romber.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I love Romber.
Sure...what's not to love about a couple who has become famous for being manipulative? The Amazing Race isn't Survivor. There really is no need for alliances and manipulation. Rob never missed an opportunity to try and scr$w someone over which brought the race to a new low. The reason I and so many others love this show is that from the minute Phil lowers his arm and says "go!" it's every team for themselves. People get to the mat last for silly reasons (a missed flight, a horrible taxi driver) and for reasons that only they control (not reading the clue or asking for directions). Not many teams win because of a popularity contest or a great alliance. Even Phil had to comment to Amber and Rob about blowing by a team who had just had a car crash. Heaven forbid you get to the mat a few minutes later because you stopped to make sure no one was seriously injured in the middle of Africa. I saw an interview with Phil where he said he hoped that teams like Amber and Rob would be few and far between in future seasons. Amen, Phil!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
I don't watch survivor, so I never saw them on there. putting down the fact that I like them isn't going to change my mind, but ok. I love Amazing Race just as much as the next fan, but I still like Romber. I thought they made the show interesting.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
There have been teams who co-opted other teams' taxis, or called and cancelled taxis that other teams requested. To me, that's a lot worse than simply hiding the air pumps .....

Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 PM

I agree. I still don't get why the other teams who chose that task did not see the flat tires. Had they done so it might have prompted them to look around. Teams make critical errors by not paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
There have been teams who co-opted other teams' taxis, or called and cancelled taxis that other teams requested. To me, that's a lot worse than simply hiding the air pumps .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV