Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 02:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I voted for Mayo too but only because I think he is interesting and it would be fun to watch someone who is so tall try and teach the "stars." Anna is absolutely gorgeous, however, so I think either one of them is going to be a good addition.
I agree. They are both top notch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 AM

Tonight's the finale!!! I had a couple of other things being recorded during DWTS and just before DWTS ended, my TV switched to one of those channels and wouldn't let me get back to the DWTS channel unless I cancelled the recording of one of the shows - so I missed Gilles and Cheryl's score for the freestyle. Guess I'll find out tonight. I am rooting for Gille and Cheryl.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:11 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
I have been a fan of Tony Dovolani since day 1 but sorry, Melissa wasn't as good as Gilles so of course I voted for Cheryl and Gilles. With all this exposure Gilles career especially as a leading man should really take off. If he can act as well as he dances look out ladies.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
I really liked Shawn's freestyle routine better than Melissa's, but taking the entire season into consideration, I voted for Cheryl and Gilles.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Shawn was sooooo much better than Gilles and the other chick last night. I really hope Shawn will win.

Gilles freestyle may have just lost him the competition. It was terrible.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:32 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
What a disappointment. I look forward to freestyle night every year and turned off the tv after the show truly bored.

What the heck was Cheryl thinking, focusing so much on herself? Gilles just stood there running his hand up her leg for nearly the entire song! She choreographed Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy and Can't Touch This, and then she has a chance to work with a fabulous dancer and THAT is what she came up with? Horrid.

Tony, Tony, Tony. I was worried that he wasn't going to do a much better freestyle than the one he did with Stacey and I was right. Again, you can choose any song you want and they didn't do much more than a halftime show for the Dallas Cowboys.

Shawn and Mark. I remember the routine was kind of cute and their feet stayed in synch, but that's all I can recall. Nothing memorable and he's got loads of talent and a partner who is willing to work hard.

Also, while I do love Melissa, she did not deserve her scores last night for the Paso. There was an obvious flub, even to my non-pro eye, where she totally forgot the steps, almost did a kick, then Tony pulled her into the routine again. And...she got 2 10s? Come on.

But, in the end, I don't really care WHO wins. I like all 3 and think that they performed well throughout the competition. It's a first for me when I won't really be disappointed or happy when they announce the winner.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM

142 posts, read 999,542 times
Overall, I think Gilles was the best this season with Melissa a close second. I agree that Gilles freestyle was horrible. He didn't do any dancing!! I thought Shawn and Mark;s was just okay. I actually enjoyed Melissa's and Tony's the most.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 PM

I liked Tony and Melissa's freestyle the best. Shawn and Mark's freestyle was a hodgepodge of gymnastics and I didn't really care for it. I thought Gilles and Cheryl's routine was okay, but I agree she should have given him a bigger part of the dancing than she did.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
I believe Len mentioned that the song "What a Feeling" from Dirty Dancing was supposed to focus on the female partner. Does the pro select the song, or is the pro just given a song and told to choreograph the routine. I seem to remember reading this was true.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I believe Len mentioned that the song "What a Feeling" from Dirty Dancing was supposed to focus on the female partner. Does the pro select the song, or is the pro just given a song and told to choreograph the routine. I seem to remember reading this was true.
Actually "What a Feeling" is from Flashdance.

I'm not sure if the couple gets to pick their own music for the freestyle, I would imagine they do. But I know for the rest of the show the music is preselected by the show - that's why they have such crappy music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV