Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 04:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I thought Julianne only came back this season in order to dance with Chuck. No?
I didn't realize Julianne was leaving until your post. The light dawns - that's why we have the new pros competing for a spot. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
I missed the show last night - so Chuck and Julianne are out and Ty is still there? I know I said I don't like Chuck, but I love Julianne and Ty and his partner deserved to leave first IMO. Crud - I hope Julianne comes back for some group dances or something - I'll miss seeing her on the show.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
Default Jewel disses Melissa

Jewel to Melissa Rycroft: Dance While Injured or Leave - PEOPLE TV Watch

I must say, I do agree with Jewel; especially at this late stage of the comp.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
I have to say I don't agree with Jewel. Besides, she said if she were on the show, she might change the rules too. I like Melissa and I voted to keep her in. But if her injury gets too be too much, I think she should bow out gracefully. Because to stay in and push past the pain could cause worse problems later on.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:

I also agree with Jewel. Although, we liked the Woz as a person and were voting for him. After he became injured, we decided not to vote for him because we didn't want him to really hurt himself. It's not worth it. We vote for Derek and Lil Kim. They are the most entertaining. I've also become a fan of Mark's. He moves like Derek.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:24 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
I don't agree with Jewel because 1. I think she's jealous that Melissa is doing so well and that she didn't/couldn't stay and 2. The rule was already a rule - they didn't make it up just to accommodate Melissa. So even though Jewel's approach might make sense, that doesn't happen to be how this show is run - it would be foolish for Melissa to be a martyr and forfeit her chances over just one dance. If it persists then, yeah, time to go.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I too like Julianne, but (and maybe it's just me) she acts like one of those girls in high school when they got a boyfriend. Yes, we get it Julianne. You're cute, he's cute. You're a modern Ken and Barbie. But, I am just waiting for her to start calling him "pooky". It's just too much.
Every time I see them I want to reach for the vomit bag. I was glad they got booted. It all strikes me as one of those phony show biz romances.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,526 times
Quote:

That would have applied to Steve-O as well, then.

Perhaps Jewel needs to make herself feel better since she dropped out yet Melissa has a cracked rib and still competes. Seems very childish for her to mention anything...it would be unwise for her to anger any of Ty's fans with immaturity. Ty doesn't seem to be that way...he just seems to be enjoying the ride, and that's his appeal, I believe.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I didn't realize Julianne was leaving until your post. The light dawns - that's why we have the new pros competing for a spot. LOL.
Don't they split up the stars pretty evenly, between male and female? If they are looking for a replacement for Julianne, what if the pro who wins is male?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Every time I see them I want to reach for the vomit bag. I was glad they got booted. It all strikes me as one of those phony show biz romances.
Actually, I really like Julianne. It's just the "he's my boyfriend and aren't we cute together" shtick gets annoying. I suppose she IS very young (20 or 21) and she never really had a chance to be a normal kid since she was moved to London for formal training in ballroom when she was young. Perhaps she is just living that boyfriend thing that we all did when we were in high school.

Nonetheless, she is a cute girl and obviously talented. We just have to remember that she is immature and while her life experiences may have been a whirlwind of competition and glamming up for dance shows, she really didn't have time to be a normal kid and her hamming it up with Chuck was a good indicator of that. You don't see Jewel and Ty acting like that. They are adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV