Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 AM

142 posts, read 999,330 times

Advertisements

Anyone else think that this season's group dance was the best ever??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Who's going tomorrow night, y'all??? My guess is Ty and Chuck will be in the bottom two tomorow night. They danced well, but I just have a feeling.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 AM

363 posts, read 583,185 times
What an unlucky break for Melissa. She's such a joy to watch.

It's a tough call as to who might be leaving tonight...great dancing overall, IMO. Ty would be my guess as he might not have the fan base Chuck has.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:43 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,588,814 times
Wish it was Chuck but think it'll be Ty. That'd be more deserved but I can't stand Chuck LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
I really think Ty is the most improved, and I like his personality. I agree, Chuck probably has a bigger fan base and will not be sent home.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:05 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I think that Tom Bergeron is the perfect host for the show. He is so funny. I remember last season when one of the dancers had an outfit with a lot of feathers on it. As they danced, the feathers kept flying off. After they were done and waiting for the judges decision, Tom said, "To most, this is just a feather. To Edyta, it's an outfit." Of course, if I had a body like hers I would be hard-pressed to cover up much either.
I agree about Bergeron being funny. You might enjoy the editorial he wrote for the New York Times on not judging people solely on physical appearance.
Clip:
Does Susan Boyle Know What's Next?
... We heard the derisive wolf whistle. And then she sang, and the humbled audience sprang to their feet in sudden adoration.
On “Dancing with the Stars,” I’ve seen several physically stunning actresses and models who’ve had the opposite experience. Just before their first dance steps, the audience basked in their beauty. Then they began nervously clomping across the dance floor like lame horses and were quickly shown the door.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/25/op...gewanted=print

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Even though Melissa was judged solely on her rehearsal performance, which wasn't that good, I don't think she'll end up in the bottom two. I could be wrong though, but last week I was in "Miss Cleo" mode.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
I think Chuck is improving and doing great. He's adorable.
What's with all the negativity about him? What am I missing?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,588,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think Chuck is improving and doing great. He's adorable.
What's with all the negativity about him? What am I missing?
I agree he's cute but it ends there for me. He seems cheesy/fake to me and possibly a bit of a ringer. Maybe he's a little too into himself. Ty and Gilles seem more sincere/natural. He can move pretty well, though, and I love his gf - she's my favorite of the female dancers.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:22 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I agree he's cute but it ends there for me. He seems cheesy/fake to me and possibly a bit of a ringer. Maybe he's a little too into himself. Ty and Gilles seem more sincere/natural. He can move pretty well, though, and I love his gf - she's my favorite of the female dancers.
I too like Julianne, but (and maybe it's just me) she acts like one of those girls in high school when they got a boyfriend. Yes, we get it Julianne. You're cute, he's cute. You're a modern Ken and Barbie. But, I am just waiting for her to start calling him "pooky". It's just too much.

I'm really not sure who's going home tonight. Perhaps it will be a shocker. Sure hope it's not Melissa. Even in their practice, they looked pretty good (minus the crisp moves). I think their routine would have been awesome!

Plus, how great would it have been for Melissa to be in that team dance with the line "if you like it, then you should have put a ring on it" going over and over again?

My prediction: Tonight, it will be Lil Kim on her way out (not that she deserves it, I am just not sure her fans will keep her going). Someone is keeping Ty and Chuck in this competition. I don't think they are going to stop voting now. I used all my votes for Melissa last night (with her bottom position and her team dance rated the lowest, she is going to need it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV