Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That samba Denise did last night was HORRIBLE! She looked like a rag doll when she was doing her samba rolls. She basically just hung all over her partner. Denise and Holly have the same things going on with their legs - they aren't keeping them closed at the top and taking HUGE steps, which results in that wooden look and no Cuban motion.
I think it's funny that these so-called bombshells get on the dance floor and can't find a sexy move to save their lives! It started with Kim Kardashian who can fill a calendar with sex-pot shots but can't shake her butt or hips to save her life. Now we've got a Bond Girl and a Playboy Centerfold who are on par with Steve Wozniak for the least sexy dancer out there. At least Gilles who has become famous for being sexy actually lives up to his reputation. The rest of them have their PR people working overtime. Apparently, there IS a difference between taking a sexy photo and actually being sexy. Happy day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Even though they narrowed it down to the two worst dancers (Steve Woz, excluded), I am glad they got rid of the worst dancer - Denise. Holly is bad, but Denise was worse.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Even though they narrowed it down to the two worst dancers (Steve Woz, excluded), I am glad they got rid of the worst dancer - Denise. Holly is bad, but Denise was worse.
I agree, plus, the tradition of the show is that the worst people (Chloris, Woz, Jerry Springer) usually stay longer than they should. America doesn't really put a lot of weight on the show (do you stay home from work to mourn if your favorite dancer doesn't win?) so we enjoy watching someone who is genuinely having fun. Woz can't dance to save his life but it looks like he's having fun and though his worm move looked more like a scene from a Shamu show I saw at Sea World, he is at least giving it his best shot. Denise and Holly both look like they're in pain and not having fun at all. When you combine that with the fact that most of America could care less about them, their days were numbered. To be successful at DWTS, you've got to be a great dancer OR you've got to have a large fan base. Denise and Holly have neither.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:45 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
I'm happy to read that Denise Richards got the boot! I agree with 3D that Woz gave it is all and had a great time! It was entertaining. Those judges should lighten up a little bit and realize when someone is having fun. Tom was right about Cheryl Monday night, I haven't seen her dance like that since the first season! I was happy for her.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,574 times
I agree that Holly doesn't look like she's having fun. In practice nor during the show she just seems unhappy to be there. When asked last night whether she was having fun she said that she was, but if she was, she sure doesn't show it!

Old 03-25-2009, 11:10 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,235 times
I don't understand why Steve-O didn't get the boot! He's obviously in a lot of pain (therefore probably on pain meds) and it shows in his dancing. Maybe I missed something this week, as why he is still in.

As a non-professional watching this show, the draw that reels me in, is the "stars" that are so outside their element attempting to excel at something they have never tried. I love to watch, and am in awe of those that can pull it off!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:54 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I don't understand why Steve-O didn't get the boot! He's obviously in a lot of pain (therefore probably on pain meds) and it shows in his dancing. Maybe I missed something this week, as why he is still in.

As a non-professional watching this show, the draw that reels me in, is the "stars" that are so outside their element attempting to excel at something they have never tried. I love to watch, and am in awe of those that can pull it off!
Although not a "star", Lacey has a HUGE fan base. Everyone at the studio, (I train at the Schwimmer studio, so I know) and their families and friends are voting for Lacey and Steve-O. A majority of the swing dance community (especially WCS) are voting for Lacey and Steve-O. It's not so much that people like Steve-O, people just like Lacey.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Although not a "star", Lacey has a HUGE fan base. Everyone at the studio, (I train at the Schwimmer studio, so I know) and their families and friends are voting for Lacey and Steve-O. A majority of the swing dance community (especially WCS) are voting for Lacey and Steve-O. It's not so much that people like Steve-O, people just like Lacey.
This is true. The Woz also has a huge fan base. I believe there's 62,000 techies signed up at the vote for woz website. I usually vote for Derek no matter who his partner is because he's my favorite.We became annoyed with Woz when he came out and complained that the votes were fixed. He's since apologized. BTW - I didn't know that Maks and Katrina became engaged over the holidays. Probably why she picked him at the end of the "Maneater" performance.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I usually vote for Derek no matter who his partner is because he's my favorite.
That is so funny because I would never vote for anyone who had Derek as a partner because he drives me nuts. That's the beauty of this show, huh?

I'm not trying to start a fight, you're just the first person I've seen who actually liked him. Most of my friends and coworkers think he's just too full of himself. Oh well.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,235 times
Wow!!! I really like Lacey, also. She brought her own unique style and freshness to the show. Her choreography is really fun. I just hope Steve-O can keep up with out causing worse injury to himself.

Oh, and I like Derek also!!! His appearance is the clean cut All American, but his dance moves portray sexy bad boy!!! Just my own opinion! LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV