Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times

Advertisements

Mmmmkayyyy, I'm not understanding why all these people are being severely injured. I've danced my whole life and have had only two injuries in 30 years. Both were right before competition, and I still went ahead and danced anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Reason for injuries:

Women - not used to moving in high heel shoes. May be used to barefeet or tennis shoes but moving, spinning and dancing in heels is a totally different thing............. so I hear.

Men - 30+ years of heel to toe stepping, so when the body is asked to move toe to heel stepping after all these years, other muscles, joints tendons have to engage or move differently then they ever have before.

Its odd that the men are getting injured. You would think that it would be bit easier for us to learn to move without getting hurt because we are not in heels.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:26 PM

But most of these folks dance flat footed, Beez!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,235 times
Don't you think they're getting injured because they're bodies are not conditioned, and they have little or no physical training?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Shorter hair and he kept his shirt on.
Oh that's right he was always taking off his shirt on SYTYCD. yeah I liked that part of the show

Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Don't you think they're getting injured because they're bodies are not conditioned, and they have little or no physical training?
That's probably a big part of it, but I've never seen so many people injured from dancing as I've seen on this show.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:32 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That's probably a big part of it, but I've never seen so many people injured from dancing as I've seen on this show.
Inexperienced attention whores, I guess!!!

LMAO!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:28 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
Coming from a former professional rodeo cowboy, I have NO IDEA why Ty Murray is on that show or why he accepted the invite! Men rodeo athletes are just like football athletes, they have very little-to-no dance rhythm (are pretty stiff on the floor). Ty is a All-Around Gold Buckle champion in "rough stock", which he competed in Bareback/Saddle Bronc/Bull Riding. His "roots" are in rodeo/cowboy, not in dancing!! I was a "Timed-Event" cowboy in Team Roping and most of my friends didn't really even think about Ty and his Gold Buckles.......we were too busy "swinging a loop", for-to-say. But, Ty has got a very interesting background/history! Believe me, being a cowboy is in Ty's blood, not being a Ball Room dancer!!
Dancing With The Stars has really gotten some wierd/silly people on the show, that is for sure. And, the outfits the ladies wear, well? If I was single and 30 years younger, I'd think (and look) much more closely than I do now. Actually, I'm pretty SHOCKED at what I see (or lack of) in clothes. My opinion, of course. By the way, I'm 61 yrs old.
"Good luck Ty, but you are SUPER/EXCELLENT riding bulls/broncs......not this!!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Ballroom dancing doesn't necessarily require a person to have any rhythm. You are taught steps, then you work on technique. Of course, for the show these people are taught a routine. They would not be able to do lead and follow outside of their routine. I don't expect any of these people to have technique in the first 2 or 3 weeks, but as time progresses they should have some idea of technique. It won't be perfect because ballroom technique is something that you learn over a LONG period of time because there is so much to learn.

Technique is different for your latin and rhythm dances as it is for your smooth dances. But one thing they ALL have in common is standing up straight - no slouching, and relax the shoulders ( you don't want shoulders bunched up by your ears).

Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
All I know is, I told my wife she has to get that dress that Edyta was wearing last week. Told her to also get one like Karina Smirnoff had on as well. Man do those skinny women have great toned muscular bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV