Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hey Sweetie Pie - I used to dance in Texas. I used to train at a place called ... (don't laugh ...) Blue Bubble Ballroom (in San Antonio)!

Yes, Ty is doing really well.
Hi Twinkle Toes ~ I have lived in and near S.A. for the past..............uh, very long time! LOL! Although I've never seen the Blue Bubble Ballroom here, I have no doubt of it's name. LOL Folks are creative with naming establishments down here! I used to go to happy hour at Hip's Bubble Room!!!

Enjoy your day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
WHAT!?!?! OMFNG!! How could you say she's UGLY? She is by far and I mean faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the prettiest and sexiest female on the show (be they star or pro).

TwinkeToes, hold me back!! I cant believe anyone would call Edyta ugly. I thought that there would be a greater chance of the Pope being arrested for wife beating than for anyone on planet earth to utter the phrase "Edyta is ugly".

Ha ha ha ha!!! This conversation is making me laugh (truly...not just saying it to be sarcastic).

I work with Air Force fighter pilots. I am the only female in the room with (on average) 10-15 men. Of those who watch (most of them do, but none will readily admit it outside of our office) and they all agree. They watch to see Edyta and how close she will come to literally falling out of her outfit, but every one of them, and I mean every one of them, think she looks like a horse. That's not to say that they don't appreciate her bod...I mean, who doesn't, but none of them find her attractive. By the way, they also watch Kim (who they call "Kim and her girls"). I try to stay away from that one.

In case you were curious, the office poll says that the hottest female dancer is Julianne. The favorite "star" this year is Melissa, though no one knew she was on the Bachelor except me. I guess you can only push men so far in their tv watching! I was pleased that all of them were happy to see Holly go. You'd think being over charged testerone filled men, they would root for the Playboy girl, but I guess miracles do happen.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I don't think she's mean at all. You don't get to be a good dancer unless you have a taskmaster repeatedly correcting you. From what I see on TV, Cheryl's pretty tame compared to some of the trainers I've had. I actually took a series of master classes with Cheryl two years ago and she was a very good instructor.
Having watched some of the clips of Cheryl coaching Gilles, I am sure there are some people who are more sensitive who need the "that's great...well done" more than the constant criticism. I like Cheryl, I just know that there are some who would not thrive under her type of "coaching." Luckily, Gilles is doing great.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Hi Twinkle Toes ~ I have lived in and near S.A. for the past..............uh, very long time! LOL! Although I've never seen the Blue Bubble Ballroom here, I have no doubt of it's name. LOL Folks are creative with naming establishments down here! I used to go to happy hour at Hip's Bubble Room!!!

Enjoy your day!!!
It's on Broadway, oh, about 1 mile up from the 410. My man Russell Hicks is there! He was my partner. He is still teaching there!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Having watched some of the clips of Cheryl coaching Gilles, I am sure there are some people who are more sensitive who need the "that's great...well done" more than the constant criticism. I like Cheryl, I just know that there are some who would not thrive under her type of "coaching." Luckily, Gilles is doing great.
That type of coaching works for me. To see my instructor beating his head against a wall and doing this: makes me work harder so he won't do that! I hate having to be told numerous times to "keep your bloody left side up!" So now, my problem is mainly "keep your bloody shoulders down!" I'm not aware when they are creeping up, so it's something I constantly have to work on. A lot of times my instructor will ask me "where are your shoulders?" whether they are up too high or in the right position - just to make me aware of what my body is doing. Ballroom is a constant work in progress, no matter how long you've done it, and I've been doing it since I was 7 years old - and I'm almost 45 now!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
That type of coaching works for me. To see my instructor beating his head against a wall and doing this: makes me work harder so he won't do that! I hate having to be told numerous times to "keep your bloody left side up!" So now, my problem is mainly "keep your bloody shoulders down!" I'm not aware when they are creeping up, so it's something I constantly have to work on. A lot of times my instructor will ask me "where are your shoulders?" whether they are up too high or in the right position - just to make me aware of what my body is doing. Ballroom is a constant work in progress, no matter how long you've done it, and I've been doing it since I was 7 years old - and I'm almost 45 now!
It seems like a lot of fun but I am a disaster when it comes to coordination. I think Woz could dance better than me. I too respond to toughness when being coached. My daughter, however, does not. I have had to learn a whole other way to be a supportive parent when it comes to sports. She is very sensitive and would crumble under the kind of coaching that Cheryl does.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
It seems like a lot of fun but I am a disaster when it comes to coordination. I think Woz could dance better than me. I too respond to toughness when being coached. My daughter, however, does not. I have had to learn a whole other way to be a supportive parent when it comes to sports. She is very sensitive and would crumble under the kind of coaching that Cheryl does.
Hey, different strokes for different folks. I worked for several years in a law firm where the senior partner would yell at anybody and everybody for any thing - sometimes nothing at all. We had a lot of people quit - some attorneys who weren't about to put up with it, some secretaries and receptionists who were prone to crying anytime he got loud. I just got used to it. Now, if I'm NOT being yelled at I wonder if something's wrong!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
The Woz will be walking Karina down the aisle when she marries Maks. I guess the reason he was sitting in the chair was that he hurt his hamstring. We love for the Woz for creating the Apple computer, but we're glad he was eliminated before he hurt himself again.
Steve Wozniak: 'Dancing with the Stars' was physically painful, but fun - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Yeah, Woz is a genuinely good guy; Steve O's the next to go.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
I thought Melissa was going to start crying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV