Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times

Advertisements

Someone was complaining on her about Edyta's face and having a closer look tonight I think she is hot with a beautiful face. Nothing wrong there.

I thought LT did pretty good. Steve O and the cowboy dude I thought were at the bottom.

Melissa is a gifted dancer. Was that her parents they kept zooming in on.

Shawn J was very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Gilles got robbed tonight. He should have had a 30. But, Len doesn't like a guy who comes out shirtless. I guess it's true what they say ... no shoes, no shirt, no service!

I think Steve-O is gone tomorrow night, but he actually did sort of okay tonight. He didn't keep his butt under his rib cage, so he had horrible posture, but he definitely did better than last week - even with his butt sticking out causing him to hunch forward.

Ty yay yay ... very stiff tonight.

Lawrence is probably going to be gone soon too. He just doesn't have that Emmit Smith quality, but he is trying though.

Melissa needed sharper arm movements tonight. After watching these past two weeks, I believe Gilles is the better dancer.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Gilles got robbed tonight. He should have had a 30. But, Len doesn't like a guy who comes out shirtless. I guess it's true what they say ... no shoes, no shirt, no service!

I think Steve-O is gone tomorrow night, but he actually did sort of okay tonight. He didn't keep his butt under his rib cage, so he had horrible posture, but he definitely did better than last week - even with his butt sticking out causing him to hunch forward.

Ty yay yay ... very stiff tonight.

Lawrence is probably going to be gone soon too. He just doesn't have that Emmit Smith quality, but he is trying though.

Melissa needed sharper arm movements tonight. After watching these past two weeks, I believe Gilles is the better dancer.
Gilles did get robbed. That routine was fantastic. Cheryl does great things when she choreographs the Paso. Plus, the shirt off...good lord.

Steve-O is likely toast and Lawrence will be standing in the red light too.

I was sorry to see both Melissa and Shawn not perform to their ability but it's hard to constantly be on top (except for Gilles of course). I used up all my votes for those two as I figured that Gilles getting the judges points means he is probably safe. It wasn't a good omen, though, when Tom mentioned that the only other person to get a perfect 30 (Sabrina) that early in the show was voted off 3 weeks later. Yikes. Hopefully Cheryl will continue to work him to showcase his talents in order to keep them on top.

I wonder how Gilles will do when he doesn't have a Latin dance. Probably pretty good but last week and last night definitely gave him an edge.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM

He had quickstep and he did pretty good. I think the guy is just an all around talented guy. Oh ... and he's a hottie too!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 PM

So, Steve-O survives another week. I was very surprised. But hey - did you see Benji and Tori??? Tori's going to be on SYTYCD this season.

Personally, I thought David was a beter dancer than Lawrence, but Lawrence has the fan base. I think Gilles is going to win it. At first I thought it was going to be Melissa, but I've flip-flopped! I should run for public office!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 AM

Well, well...I guess that's what I get for making predictions. David went home. Honestly, I didn't even remember David was ON the show, so I guess that can't be a good thing.

I agree with Twinkletoes...Gilles is by far the best dancer and should win the whole thing. I think Cheryl is right though to keep him going at the top of the leader board. I'm not sure he has a huge fanbase yet (though he is amazing), so until they weed out those who can't dance as well but clearly have a fanbase (Steve-O, Lawrence, Ty (though I love Ty)), she'll need to keep him racking up the points or he will fall just like Sabrina.

Hopefully the final 3 will be Gilles, Melissa (I like her but also like Tony and would love to see him design a freestyle), and Shawn.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Someone was complaining on her about Edyta's face and having a closer look tonight I think she is hot with a beautiful face. Nothing wrong there.
Yep, that was me, and sorry to say, I still stand by my comments (though they weren't "complaints", merely an observation). What's funny is that when I posted that, I didn't really think there would be so much outrage. I don't know a single person in my group of friends and acquaintances who think she's pretty...that is so weird. When I was talking to my coworker last week, my boss walked in on the end of the conversation which went something like, "yeah, she's got an amazing body but a face like a horse..." and my boss said, "who, Edyta?"

Oh well...all of that is just a matter of opinion anyway.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,235 times
What a shocker last night to see David go. I thought for sure it would be Steve-O. I guess you were right Twinkle Toes, about the "fan Base"!

I'm in agreement with the top three being Shawn, Mellisa, and Gilles. I hope that Gilles takes it..............he is soo dam sexy!!!

My DH walked by me on Monday when I was watching, and said "You really love this show, don't you?" Well yeah, I really do!!! I guess I just have always loved watching the art of dance. It is so entertaining and keeps me mesmerized!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 AM

So ... look for Tori on SYTYCD and vote for her this season!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
Default David Alan Grier slams judges

David Alan Grier Slams Carrie Ann Inaba Following 'Dancing' Dismissal - omg! news on Yahoo!

Gotta say,as I've always said about this show; I agree with him. The stars are not professional and should not be held to the standards of pro dancers. They bust their asses though and try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV