Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It was a really fun episode. It kind of bugs how Santino rags on Pandora for not being glam. At least Merle stood up for her. She's not a fashion model drag queen, she's comedy, like Lady Bunny or Varla Jean.
I love Varla Jean...LOL...Her commercial parodies were hysterical in the drag comedy special I saw on LOGO the other night.

YouTube - Varla Jean's On Star Commercial

YouTube - M.I.T. with Professor Varla Jean Merman!

YouTube - Varla Occult Snuggie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
i hope tyra gets kicked off and the next week beyonce is a judge!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
I can't stand Tyra

Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
Raven is a snake! That Biatch will stab you in the back if she feels you will get in her way.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:02 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Raven needs to get over herself. I'd be rooting for her more if she wasn't such a Mean Girl, and everything out of her mouth wasn't catty and bitter.

The thing with Tyra is that she always brings it on the runway, but she has no personality or stage presence. I just don't see how she could be the "next drag superstar." I know the judges, especially Santino, have a problem with Pandora, but I bet a show with her performing would be super fun.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
I'm leaning towards Jujube, I think Tyra and Raven are too self centered, Pandora doesn't do well in the glamour department, and Tatiana is pretty but the attitude is just not there.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
aww, I'm gonna miss Jessica. I loved her attitude and thought she did great in the rocker chick challenge. I also can't stand Tyra. her runway fashion is awesome, but her attitude sucks. can't see her winning at all. Raven is iffy. she has an attitude too, but it doesn't seem over-the-top diva like Tyra. plus, unlike Tyra, Raven brings it on all levels (she REALLY should have won the wedding dress challenge). Tyra does pretty badly outside the runway, except for the Crisco challenge. I don't see Tati winning this, she's too green and she really does rely on her body too much. other than doing Britney in that game show challenge, she hasn't really stood out for me, talent wise. in the end, it'll probably come down to Juju and Pandora, though the judges, for some reason, seem to dislike Pandora. Raven may be in the final in Juju chokes again like last week (felt so bad for her) but I don't see Pandora choking for some reason

Old 03-30-2010, 04:31 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
wow, I'd never thought I'd say this about a reality TV competition show, but last night's episode completely p*sed me off!!! seriously, Pandora should have been in the top 3 or even the top 2 (it was honestly gearing up to be a Raven vs. Pandora vs. Jujube competition at the end, IMO. I've been softening up towards Raven a little bit. despite her attitude, she does have talent and even her attitude went down a notch this week). at the VERY least, Tyra and Tati should have been eliminated before her. the judges, esp. that Santino guy, REALLY had it in for her and were quite unfair to her. I thought her performance and outfit was cute and that she did a much better job w/ her "mom" than Tyra or JuJu did on theirs. I don't even know what this contest is supposed to be about. it's as if it's just the drag version of Project Runway where the gowns take emphasis over personality. lord knows Pandora had more personality than half of the girls now remaining (or course, I thought the same about Jessica, despite her language barrier). this show as just lost a lot of its appeal for me...

/rant. look at me all worked up over a TV show...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,497 times
I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon too and say that I'm not a fan of Tyra or Raven. Tyra has simmered down a bit, but she came off way too strong at the beginning. I thought it was wrong for all of them to make jokes about her grill, but it does need a little work. Even though Tyra, to me, doesn't come off as strongly as she initially did, I still can't find it in my heart to like her.

Raven is a know-it-all and is so critical of everyone else. I don't like know-it-alls. My bf is betting she'll take the title. If she does, I won't be happy.

I LOVE Jujubee! I know drag queens don't really try their best to look like natural women, but Juju is the only one who naturally looks like a woman--and a hot one at that! She's got personality and everyone loves her. I hope she makes it to the finals, but she's been on a downward slide the past few weeks.

Tatianna has slipped under my radar the entire season. I'm surprised I even know what her name is. Nonetheless, I would rather she or Juju win it over Tyra and Raven. And if it comes down to Raven and Tyra, I'd go for Tyra before Raven.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Tatianna's the prettiest, I think, but she's not there yet. Her clothes are uniformly awful, and she's dumb. When they say "Next Drag Superstar" I try to think of going to see some of these queens perform. I'd want to see Pandora and Jujubee, maybe even Raven, but I don't know what Tatianna or Tyra would do, besides look nice in a dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV