Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about Adam Lambert of American Idol?
Kind of like 22 22.92%
Kind of dislike 10 10.42%
Indifferent 10 10.42%
LOVE! 44 45.83%
HATE! 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 02:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

I think he's incredibly talented, and don't care about his sexual orientation. Did anyone care about Liberace being gay? I realize he's going to try to stay in the closet a la Ricky Martin and many others because he doesn't want to lose any fans - but it's a shame that this day and age people still have these worries about whether someone is straight or gay.

For anyone who is convinced he's straight - please don't click on this link.

Adam Lambert Likes to Take Pictures of Himself Making Out With Some Dude | Vote for the Worst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 05:20 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I am really curious as to why YOU find him "creepy", "scary" and "gross".

I think if you bring back all of the past Idol winners and have them compete against each other in a "Super Idol", Adam Lambert would beat them all (except for maybe Rueben Studdard). He is just that much of a better performer than anyone else who have been on the show.

I mean really. You ask why others like him and are receiving responses, I ask why do you find him so disgusting and hope that you will provide us with YOUR answer.

Thanks.
I thought I have. I mean, it's difficult to fully explain but it's mostly his cocky demeanor and something about the way he smiles... and some other stuff... I dunno I put a whole bunch of replies down earlier. Maybe check those out. It may be able to explain further. I know he an amazing voice, don't get me wrong! I just really don't care for him. I think he is just a bit too much for my taste.

It also seems that some are getting the wrong idea about why I don't like him, though. It is not because he is gay! Or that he wears eyeliner. Seriously! Read carefully because that is absolutely NOT why I don't like Adam Lambert.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:34 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
:

As far as his appearance goes, I think he has kind of a sinister look to him. Also, he has a good voice and is quite talented, but I think he has had an unfair advntage over the others due to his professional experience. Just my opinion.
Adam is 4-5 years older than Kris so I'd take that into consideration when making the claim he has an unfair advantage over Kris.
Clip from interview with Adam and Kris:
With nearly 20 years of stage experience in musicals and plays in San Diego and Los Angeles, reporters asked Lambert if his performance background might give him an advantage over Allen.
"This isn't theater, so I don't really see how it affects it at all," Lambert said. "I've had experience onstage performing, but so has Kris ... just in different venues. Kris has worked clubs and worked with a band. ... The thing that's really cool about this competition is that it's an equal-opportunity situation."
Adam Lambert And Kris Allen Talk 'American Idol' Finale - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
May I interject that anyone who says Adam is self assured, a better word than a slang term used in previous post need to take a look at the cult of front man.
Steven Tyler
Mic Jagger
Robert Plant
Yes Elvis
All men who were screaming confidence when they walk on the stage.
He is right up there! Go Adam!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:32 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
It's obvious that homophobia is coloring many peoples' opinions, whether in this forum or not. Adam is extremely talented. The sky is the limit for him whether he is the official "winner" or not. Now, if Kris wins, he will get his 15 minutes of fame, cut a CD, and then go join the likes of Taylor Hicks. Simple as that.

Oh great...now if Adam DOESN"T win, the fans of Adam are gonna say it's because EVERYBODY is against gays........great stradegy.

I haven't cared for the last 5 weeks so carry on with the results show.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
May I interject that anyone who says Adam is self assured, a better word than a slang term used in previous post need to take a look at the cult of front man.
Steven Tyler
Mic Jagger
Robert Plant
Yes Elvis
All men who were screaming confidence when they walk on the stage.
He is right up there! Go Adam!
That is true!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Because we are awesome. (Don't forget to turn the sound up.)

YouTube - Adam Lambert Fans

Old 05-21-2009, 06:45 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Thanks for posting that. I needed it this morning

How's the cape coming along? Make one for me too please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Because we are awesome. (Don't forget to turn the sound up.)

YouTube - Adam Lambert Fans

Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
My sympathies to the Adam fans.

Not to worry, he's very talented and diverse....he'll have a great career!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Adam and Kris are very humble guys, this is not the last of Adam Lambert!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV