Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about Adam Lambert of American Idol?
Kind of like 22 22.92%
Kind of dislike 10 10.42%
Indifferent 10 10.42%
LOVE! 44 45.83%
HATE! 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times

Advertisements

I need to know who likes Adam Lambert... and really WHY???? He is scary and gross to me. So please, if you will, entertain me and vote and explain why if you can. I am just floored that people like him. He is just creepy. But I am really curious as to why he is so popular and will most likely win the competition on American Idol! Thank you for voting! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
For me, he's incredibly talented and really really REALLY smoking hot. I would listen to him sing the phonebook or watch him just stand and chew gum on stage. LOL I can't imagine anyone looking at him and thinking "gross".

Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
I think he has tremendous charisma. He's the clear choice IMO- best performer overall, best voice, and most attractive. No matter WHO wins, he'll have the most successful career of the remaining three, no question.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
what do you mean by creepy? just because of the way he dresses? He has had different looks over the course of the show.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
There are some parts of the country where guys wearing eyeliner are rare, if not nonexistent. We tend to fear what we don't understand. I'm not saying that's the case with SuziSu, but I bet there are plenty of people who would have voted Adam had he looked more "Mid-Western", if you know what I mean.

Just another reason why I hope he wins. Might be good for all of us. We already have a David Archuleta, the Jonas Brothers, etc. It's time for a pop star with chops and edge.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Just another reason why I hope he wins. Might be good for all of us. We already have a David Archuleta, the Jonas Brothers, etc. It's time for a pop star with chops and edge.
Amen to that! Can I use "Amen" while talking about Adam????

Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Quote:
There are some parts of the country where guys wearing eyeliner are rare, if not nonexistent. We tend to fear what we don't understand.
There are voting maps on the Internet (just like political maps, blue/red). The maps themselves are contradictory, some show most states prefer Danny voted off, some Kris voted off. Just one map shows a particular corner of USA that wants Adam voted off - states in the lower right corner.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
what do you mean by creepy? just because of the way he dresses? He has had different looks over the course of the show.
No I actually think he has very good style! He always has this weird smirk and I really think he is cocky.

Quote:
There are some parts of the country where guys wearing eyeliner are rare, if not nonexistent. We tend to fear what we don't understand. I'm not saying that's the case with SuziSu, but I bet there are plenty of people who would have voted Adam had he looked more "Mid-Western", if you know what I mean.

I agree with the fact that David A and Jonas Bros are too clean cut and highly annoying. I love someone with edge. I am ALWAYS for edge! But I feel like Adam is almost faking it??? I guess there is just something about that boy that I cannot read. I cannot put it in words. Sorry. I am trying to figure this out. I am a mid-western girl, myself, and the eyeliner and the look do not phase me. Most of my friends look like that. I've been around that scene for ages. So that's not it. It's just HIM! I really think he is putting on a front. I dunno.... And I guess, knowing about these weird videos or pictures or whatever that he has done doesn't help either. I think there is way more to him than he and his creepy smile and raised eyebrow into the camera let's on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Amen to that! Can I use "Amen" while talking about Adam????
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I'm not sure... Can we???

Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
SuziSu - maybe this video will help you see Adam in a different light?

YouTube - Adam Lambert at Mt Carmel graduation 2000

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Stand and watch him chew gum on stage? That's good.

I thought he's been entertaining from the 1st performance, but has just not grown any, but did raise the bar perhaps.

I appreciate him for his creativity and ability to take over the stage. Last week was his best week for me so far. This week, he should fire his backup singers.

Who knows? Maybe the best has yet to come for Adam. I like his humility. He's kind of got that Elvis schtick and confidence. He's definately gonna have his followers.

There may be a time and a place for his high ranging falsetto, but he uses it a bit too much. He doesn't need to use that in every song. I want to hear him NOT use it sometime.

I said kinda like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV