Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm a depressed Jay Leno fan right now and it would not have been as painful if Conan wasn't the last guest. Jay Leno wasn't on the last Show of Johnny Carson so why was the red headed goofball on Jay's show?

And if Leno is staying with NBC next fall why is he still not on the Tonight Show?
With the replacement of Jay Leno with this idiot Conan, the transition to mindless, stupid, cornball humor is complete. We are at a historic low here, folks!

I never thought this babbling boob Conan was the least bit funny. His "humor" is offensive because it is so stupid. I won't be watching the show, absolutely not. The cry should've been "ANYBODY BUT CONAN!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:22 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Good lord, I tried to watch, but I couldn't get past that GIANT HEAD! I've never seen anyone with a head that gigantic. He looks like a human bobble head doll!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:52 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
This passing of the The Tonight Show torch is a moment that ages us all. It's like who was the US President when you were born and how many have been there since (A person who lives to 80 sees an average of 15 different US presidents in office during their lifetime)

Who was the host of The Tonight Show and how many have been there since? (I would venture a guess that a person living to 80 sees an average of 5 Tonight Show hosts in their lifetime?)

Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I watched the first 25 minutes of Conan's premier show and had to turn it off. It started off lame and continued downhill from there. It was nothing new, same ol Conan with the same old stale format in NYC that I stopped watching years ago. I was hoping something new and re-freshing would develop, but it's the same old crap and now it's going to be another NBC failure.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
With the replacement of Jay Leno with this idiot Conan, the transition to mindless, stupid, cornball humor is complete. We are at a historic low here, folks!

I never thought this babbling boob Conan was the least bit funny. His "humor" is offensive because it is so stupid. I won't be watching the show, absolutely not. The cry should've been "ANYBODY BUT CONAN!"

Well have fun with Letterman then.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,003,650 times
I never understood the appeal of these types of shows. Why not watch something creative instead?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times
Jay has always been funny to me and Conan is okay at times, but most of the time I don't find him funny at all so I won't be watching from now on.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,233 times
I'm furious that Leno was moved to 10 PM so they don't have to spend money on dramas.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm a depressed Jay Leno fan right now and it would not have been as painful if Conan wasn't the last guest. Jay Leno wasn't on the last Show of Johnny Carson so why was the red headed goofball on Jay's show?

And if Leno is staying with NBC next fall why is he still not on the Tonight Show?
He is not Leno but he is not THAT bad. NBC wants a younger audience and they figure Conan will deliver that for them and he probably will.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Anybody that doesn't gets Conan's humor is an old fart. And we ALL know that old farts usually can't make it past the 11pm news...so the Leno Variety Show at 10pm (starting this fall) will be good for them...kind of like when my grandparents used to watch Lawrence Welk.

Leno stole his best bits from Howard Stern. He always wanted to attract Howard's market and even stole John "The Stutterer" Melendez from him, hoping to pick up some of his market. Poor John...wtf is that guy gonna do now????
Leno made a goof with that pick. John did not do anything for the show. Usually the only time you saw him was when they read his name at the start. The old announcer (forgot the name) was much more "into it" than Melendez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV