Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times

Advertisements

Glee is BACK! That was an amazing episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Here's one thing that is bothering me, though:

As much as I am happy that they are writing Blaine into the story full-time, it does not make sense to me that in his junior year, he would--or his hypothetical parents allow--him to change to a school that is less academically prestigious.

If the writers wanted to set up the conflict with Kurt, could they not have arranged for a community theater audition?

I did love the Broadway songs this week, though.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times
So why didn't Santana audition for the musical? It wasn't a New Directions production.
Quinn is cray-cray.
Blaine is suddenly a year younger than Kurt and dresses like Elton John the teen years when last season the few times he was out of uniform he was rather normal? Also he magically lives in the same school district to be able to transfer to a school that had bullying problems, the reason why he left his first school. mmmkay.
Overall the episode was still better than most of season 2.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

As much as I am happy that they are writing Blaine into the story full-time, it does not make sense to me that in his junior year, he would--or his hypothetical parents allow--him to change to a school that is less academically prestigious.

If the writers wanted to set up the conflict with Kurt, could they not have arranged for a community theater audition?

I did love the Broadway songs this week, though.
They took liberties with Blaine, but I'm sure they did it so they could keep him for next season when so much of the cast will be graduating, and therefore leaving the show. Although, if the ratings don't improve there may not be another season, hopefully this season will be a lot better than the last one and bring people back.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:33 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
They took liberties with Blaine, but I'm sure they did it so they could keep him for next season when so much of the cast will be graduating, and therefore leaving the show. Although, if the ratings don't improve there may not be another season, hopefully this season will be a lot better than the last one and bring people back.

Good points. (Although I actually liked last season b/c I loved the Blaine "and the Pips").

But, if the songs/soundtracks keep making it to #1 on Itunes, then IMO they won't cancel the show.

There's too much money to be made on the recordings.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

And too, I thought that where the show had set Dalton was outside of Columbus, so Blaine and his family would have had to move to Lima for him go to school there.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 PM

I'm thinking Westerville for Dalton. Just seems like a good fit.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Good points. (Although I actually liked last season b/c I loved the Blaine "and the Pips").

But, if the songs/soundtracks keep making it to #1 on Itunes, then IMO they won't cancel the show.

There's too much money to be made on the recordings.
I hope so, I'd like to see it last a long time. For me, even when it's bad its still pretty good, there is nothing else like it on TV. I love it for the cultural impact of getting people singing and dancing, and making it cool for younger people is awesome.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:54 AM

Buckle up, Gleeks! The fan sites are all in a tizzie because it appears that the show may be going there with the up-to-now fairly chaste Klaine relationship sometime during November sweeps. The times they are a changing.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Buckle up, Gleeks! The fan sites are all in a tizzie because it appears that the show may be going there with the up-to-now fairly chaste Klaine relationship sometime during November sweeps. The times they are a changing.
I'm sure it will be done tastefully, they are in a loving committed relationship, it only makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV