Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times

Advertisements

The Good Wife, a drama mirroring the real life sex scandals of some of our politicians premiers tonight. The drama employs the format of "Damages", although with fewer and less confusing flashbacks. Chris Noth plays the wayward politician and Julianne Margulis assumes the role of "The Good Wife" with Christine Baranski in a supporting role.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/ar...gewanted=print
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 01:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I may watch but for some reason I just don't care for Julianne Margulis. I just find her acting to be forced and not believable.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I may watch but for some reason I just don't care for Julianne Margulis. I just find her acting to be forced and not believable.
Chris Noth and Christine Baranski are two of my favorites. I don't really like or dislike Margulis.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Chris Noth and Christine Baranski are two of my favorites. I don't really like or dislike Margulis.
I enjoy Chris Noth and Christine Baranski also. I just sort of figured Chris Noth's role would be very limited.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM

14 posts, read 46,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I second this completely.

I don't know that we really a show showing the drama. Haven't we had enough of this drama in real life over the last few years?

Did anyone see this article about John Edwards: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/us...edwards&st=cse

(sorry, I was trying to make it a URL but the editor won't let me)

Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 AM

I watched last night and was not impressed with Margulis. Her delivery of lines seemed almost robotical, monotone and no facial animation. Although, the actress in the role of investigator/assistant was believable. I didn't know Chris Noth would be a supporting actor so not enough Mr. Big. Christine Baranski's portrayal of the aggressive law firm partner was excellent although the bar is set pretty high by Glenn Close in Damages. The show reminds me of Hawthorne only with a legal setting. Too much nonsensical conversation with the teenage kids calling while she's busy. Of course, as in Hawthorne, the mother in law steps in and gives unwanted free advice. The kids don't like her, and in the end, everyone will appreciate the mother in law - blah, blah, blah. I'm too spoiled from watching Mad Men, House, Big Love, etc. I'll be watching Brick City on Sundance. LOL

Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
It wasn't what I expected it to be.
I may watch it but I won't be freaking out if I miss it.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I chose not to watch it last night. The premise does nothing for me since I could give two hoots about politician's sexual escapades. There's enough of that on the daily news.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 PM

48 posts, read 145,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I watched last night and was not impressed with Margulis. Her delivery of lines seemed almost robotical, monotone and no facial animation
I actually liked that about her role. It seemed like she was in shock still from what happened with her husband and how her world got turned upsidedown. But if it continues for long, I can see how it would be irritating. At some point you have to move on.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRLPS View Post
I actually liked that about her role. It seemed like she was in shock still from what happened with her husband and how her world got turned upsidedown. But if it continues for long, I can see how it would be irritating. At some point you have to move on.
I agree. She's still in shock and upset with her husband. And also having to deal with the politics of her law office. Of course she's going to be acting a bit restrained and dead pan in these situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV