Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:53 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times

Advertisements

I like it and it did very well in the ratings . I have been a chris noth fan sinc L&O with george dzundza (sp) . I thought he was fantastic in L&O . I also like Julianna Marguiles . she was so amazing in er . I really like this show , I dont know if I care for baranski in this role . I think they should have added her to ghost whisperer as Jim s mom and left her there . Oh well that is my opinion for what it is worth .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
I liked the first episode. I think it set some interesting groundwork, we'll just have to see how the season pans out.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,732 times
Good pilot.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:50 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
I loved it. The supporting actors are great and Noth is not in it all that much. I am not a Chris Noth fan but I don't dislike him.

The storyline was excellent and the interactions between the characters was very real and entertaining.

I think this one is a keeper for me.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
I liked it. We'll see if it can grow from here.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,678 times
I have reversed my opinion about Margulies in the part. She plays the role of Good Wife to perfection. This show has become one of my favorites. It was obvious, of course, that Noth wouldn't be released. Some of the kids on these shows are obnoxious (Lie to Me comes to mind), but I really like the kids on this show. Although, I think it's time for them to share info with Mom. Still love Chris Noth.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:49 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
I like the show also!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:06 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
So is pretending to be Muslim the new way for kids to rebel?

I usually don't feel sympathetic for rebellious kids, but in this case I don't think he really was a rebellious kid. When the girl started getting too forward he was maybe a bit intrigued, but still kind-of showed her out. He may have only listened to the CD out of curiosity and besides Muslim music is, IMO, really pretty inoffensive. The Radical Muslims mostly don't believe in being a singer, the celebrity life is deemed idolatrous, so most Muslim music is just Sufi or moderates. I might actually be happy if I had a kid listening to it because it means that maybe they're interested in other cultures. That's more valuable than interest in bling or whatever. (Although possibly I'd have a talk about not listening to music too loud and let him read some books by Muslims that I own.) That said it looks like he might become a rebellious kid now.

On other fronts the show intrigues me by not necessarily going the way I expected. At first it seemed her lawyer buddy, the guy from Sports Night, was some charming guy who'd sweep her away from her horrid/whoring husband. As time has passed it seems he is not as good as he first appeared and her husband may not be as bad as he first appeared. Yet they don't go totally for a "switcharoo." Her husband still has some pretty dark and manipulative qualities. And the law guy, I'm not sure yet. It's maybe better than I originally expected.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
So is pretending to be Muslim the new way for kids to rebel?

I usually don't feel sympathetic for rebellious kids, but in this case I don't think he really was a rebellious kid. When the girl started getting too forward he was maybe a bit intrigued, but still kind-of showed her out. He may have only listened to the CD out of curiosity and besides Muslim music is, IMO, really pretty inoffensive. The Radical Muslims mostly don't believe in being a singer, the celebrity life is deemed idolatrous, so most Muslim music is just Sufi or moderates. I might actually be happy if I had a kid listening to it because it means that maybe they're interested in other cultures. That's more valuable than interest in bling or whatever. (Although possibly I'd have a talk about not listening to music too loud and let him read some books by Muslims that I own.) That said it looks like he might become a rebellious kid now.

What I took from that was the girl simply saying "here's music your parents will not be able to stand so they'll give in to make it stop." I imagine it's an acquired taste ...to me it was annoying sound. I don't think the meaning was any "deeper" than that, other than the clueless grandma thinking the girl _was a Muslim.

On other fronts the show intrigues me by not necessarily going the way I expected. At first it seemed her lawyer buddy, the guy from Sports Night, was some charming guy who'd sweep her away from her horrid/whoring husband. As time has passed it seems he is not as good as he first appeared and her husband may not be as bad as he first appeared. Yet they don't go totally for a "switcharoo." Her husband still has some pretty dark and manipulative qualities. And the law guy, I'm not sure yet. It's maybe better than I originally expected.

Totally agree! Nothing has been as simple or obvious as originally "clued." I too thought Alicia was considering a fling with Will, the "good guy" to Christine Baranski's (can't think of her character name right now) "bad" partner. From the first episode on Christine was shown to be a backstabber about Alicia, but they haven't shown much of that side recently.

I hope at some point Alicia really can show up her younger male competitor (forget his name too ) who previously was shown to take credit for Alicia's cleverness and strategy . But ALL of this is going to play out slowly...especially with Mr. Florrick ever getting out of prison.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,548,583 times
So what's the story w/ the picture of Chris Noth and the hooker that the son figured out was photoshopped? They have never gone back to that. So is it possible that he didn't have an affair? Is the affair just a smokescreen to cover up something bigger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV