Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 08:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I didnt finish the season, the last three episodes are still sitting on my DVR. Are they worth watching?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
IMO, yes. It's a pretty good show. Hopefully it'll get even better next season!

Oh yes, I would watch the last shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Definitely watch the last 2-3 shows. They were the best! Does anyone think Anna is getting uglier? When i first watched the show I thought she was stunning but the more I watch this actress she gets less pretty. Wierd huh lol
I was thinking the same thing about Anna! In some scenes she's really pretty, in others not so much. Strange...

Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I was thinking the same thing about Anna! In some scenes she's really pretty, in others not so much. Strange...
In the early shows we always saw this eterial face, with gentle voice and oozing kindness whenver public. Anna has a great PR sense. Then stuff starts to go wrong and you see the stresses with the fifth column especially. She's not worried about human resistance--they have stuff nobody has seen (or perhaps just saw as the red stuff spread over the world). But the fifth column can hurt them bad, and she knows it.

The actress is an incredable actress, making us almost believe she is only here to help, down to seeing the utterly cold blooded (in the emotional sense) dictator/conquerer doing her stuff. And she does not become a caricature.

I have to think next season is about occupation. The red mist is Wells red weed. Anna lost it big time and probably triggered the whatever it is too early or we'd all be toast. In a sense, the Plan destroyed by contamination by the virus of emotion?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
The show looks okay, but in my opinion does not compare to the original 80s miniseries.

From the original miniseries when the Visitors are being introduced/integrated into the workers at the refinery/plant:

White Worker: What is your problem?
Black Worker: Man, first we had to deal with you honkies, then the Mexicans. Now, these creeps!

Classic. Seems innocuous, but you'd never hear such a line about race relations in todays network television programming.

I've only caught a few episodes, and it seems okay, but not something that I can really get into unless the story takes a unique twist. So far, it seems to be mirroring the original; Visitors come to Earth and claim to be 'our friends'. Some Earthlings believe them, while others don't trust them, believe that they have an evil plot to destroy/enslave the planet, and set up a resistance to drive the Visitors off. The resistance not only has to deal with Visitors wiping them out, but also from other humans who do not agree with their objectives. Also, despite the ultimate plan, some Visitors really do like humans and do not want to harm them, and some humans really do like the Visitors, thus creating more tensions over their unholy relationships.

Am I wrong?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
The show looks okay, but in my opinion does not compare to the original 80s miniseries.

From the original miniseries when the Visitors are being introduced/integrated into the workers at the refinery/plant:

White Worker: What is your problem?
Black Worker: Man, first we had to deal with you honkies, then the Mexicans. Now, these creeps!

Classic. Seems innocuous, but you'd never hear such a line about race relations in todays network television programming.

I've only caught a few episodes, and it seems okay, but not something that I can really get into unless the story takes a unique twist. So far, it seems to be mirroring the original; Visitors come to Earth and claim to be 'our friends'. Some Earthlings believe them, while others don't trust them, believe that they have an evil plot to destroy/enslave the planet, and set up a resistance to drive the Visitors off. The resistance not only has to deal with Visitors wiping them out, but also from other humans who do not agree with their objectives. Also, despite the ultimate plan, some Visitors really do like humans and do not want to harm them, and some humans really do like the Visitors, thus creating more tensions over their unholy relationships.

Am I wrong?

Nope.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:43 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
In the early shows we always saw this eterial face, with gentle voice and oozing kindness whenver public. Anna has a great PR sense. Then stuff starts to go wrong and you see the stresses with the fifth column especially. She's not worried about human resistance--they have stuff nobody has seen (or perhaps just saw as the red stuff spread over the world). But the fifth column can hurt them bad, and she knows it.

The actress is an incredable actress, making us almost believe she is only here to help, down to seeing the utterly cold blooded (in the emotional sense) dictator/conquerer doing her stuff. And she does not become a caricature.

I have to think next season is about occupation. The red mist is Wells red weed. Anna lost it big time and probably triggered the whatever it is too early or we'd all be toast. In a sense, the Plan destroyed by contamination by the virus of emotion?
I like Morena Baccarin as well, she is a good actress (Brazilian by the way), and cute, very good casting. They didn't use a blond bimbo or otherwise striking actress, nor an aesthetically challenged woman as is often the case with evil characters.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:16 PM

2,747 posts, read 465,374 times
Does anyone know if this show is coming back?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:32 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Yes it's coming back January 4th.

Last edited by gobrien; 11-18-2010 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: found the date

Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
January 6 is what I read!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:35 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
I just checked out ABC.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV