Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Do You Prefer For Your Late Night Television Host?
Conan O'Brien 27 28.13%
George Lopez, 4 4.17%
Craig Ferguson, 18 18.75%
Jay Leno, 32 33.33%
David Letterman, 10 10.42%
Jimmy Fallon, 2 2.08%
Jimmy Kimmel, 3 3.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I'm for none of the above listed...after all if it was not for the writers these guys might be in the unemployment lines. They are only so good as the cue cards they read.
you should check out to see how these shows did during the Writer's Strike. some did better than others, w/o having writers (exception being Letterman, he had his writers on board). it was a good test for how these folks managed w/o writers on board
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,978,305 times
conan, then craig...leno and fallon are at about the same level of unfunniness. the only difference is one is old and unfunny and the other is young and unfunny

Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,225,526 times
I only watch for whos being interviewed. I check to see who's on, DVR, fast forward, watch the interview then delete. Who's doing the interview is sort of almost immaterial

Old 01-23-2010, 12:42 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,133,761 times
So far it looks like Jay is more popular than alot of posters want to admit, leading in the poll almost 2 to 1 against the competition. If this is a reflection of how the night time audience feels, Jay should do OK when he comes back in March. From the poll it looks like I might have to watch Craig Ferguson sometime, just read that in 2007 he started beating Conan in the ratings. If Conan was thinking about getting Dave's job someday, Craig might have something to say about that. Maybe Conan might end up taking over for Craig. I liked the way Conan finished his last night at the Tonight Show, with class. Hope there's a future for him, but switching to FOX and going up against Jay and Dave seems like suiside to me, hope he can survive.

Of all the late night shows, none was better than the old Late Night with David Letterman on NBC. It had a good intro, the set design was better than any of the others, thrill cam, the mini-NYC backdrop behind Dave's desk, the gags and props were better, Dave started the "New products that didn't quite make it" idea. When Dave started getting mad at GE and NBC it drug out for a long time and was very funny to watch. When he moved to CBS his show went downhill, it just wasn't the same.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 PM

491 posts, read 749,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
So far it looks like Jay is more popular than alot of posters want to admit, leading in the poll almost 2 to 1 against the competition. If this is a reflection of how the night time audience feels, Jay should do OK when he comes back in March. From the poll it looks like I might have to watch Craig Ferguson sometime, just read that in 2007 he started beating Conan in the ratings. If Conan was thinking about getting Dave's job someday, Craig might have something to say about that. Maybe Conan might end up taking over for Craig. I liked the way Conan finished his last night at the Tonight Show, with class. Hope there's a future for him, but switching to FOX and going up against Jay and Dave seems like suiside to me, hope he can survive.

Of all the late night shows, none was better than the old Late Night with David Letterman on NBC. It had a good intro, the set design was better than any of the others, thrill cam, the mini-NYC backdrop behind Dave's desk, the gags and props were better, Dave started the "New products that didn't quite make it" idea. When Dave started getting mad at GE and NBC it drug out for a long time and was very funny to watch. When he moved to CBS his show went downhill, it just wasn't the same.
I never have been a big fan of Letterman. Just not really found him very funny and he is a bad interviewer. Conan is my favorite he is lively and you never know what he will bring each night. Craig Ferguson at times can be very entertaining but it seems he tries to hard and I am not sure all his jokes translate as well. Not a big fan or Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel. This is just my opinion of course. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:55 PM

214 posts, read 961,917 times
Conan O'Brien.....with Jimmy Fallon coming in 2nd...

Old 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,864,340 times
You left off Carson Daly and Chelsea Handler.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

72 posts, read 142,091 times
I love Craig ferguson!! His natural friendliness and scottish accent completely won me over.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:39 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,190,107 times
I'm with Coco but Ferguson's the best! I don't know how Leno is winning this thing. He's not funny.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:59 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,738,125 times
I like Leno. I find his jokes to be funny, but what I love most of all are the Headlines, Jaywalking,and the other funny skits that he does. I'm sure he will bring those back to the Tonight Show... which I am happy that he is taking back over. I didn't really like Conan. Some of his jokes were OK, but overall not the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV