Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 06:32 AM

606 posts, read 903,779 times

Advertisements

Looking at Jessa's pictures of her bump, I would not be shocked to find out she's having twins.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,529,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Wow, a lot of anger in your posting. So sad.

If someone is against the gay community, that is their belief and they aren't out beating people up because of their sexual preferences.

Have they knocked on your door and crammed their beliefs down your throat? If not, please provide factual proof about them cramming their beliefs down anyone's throat. Just being on TV is not telling anyone they absolutely must believe the way they do.

If they owe back taxes, they will repay any supposed overdue taxes.

You don't like them, their beliefs, their way of life, the clothes they wear, the work they do - obviously there isn't anything you like about them. So why are you even watching the show? Just turn the channel and watch something you seem to enjoy.
Hmm...no anger here. If that is what you see it it's what you are adding to the mix. I find them quite amusing in a tragic sort of way. It's hard to turn away from a train wreck.

Do you know what a hate group is, and what they do? So because they are not physically abusing people they are ok? Seriously? Having beliefs against a group of people is one thing, actively pursuing an agenda that harms them or their rights is something else.

Apparently from the reps I received from my earlier comments, I struck a cord.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
Hmm...no anger here. If that is what you see it it's what you are adding to the mix. I find them quite amusing in a tragic sort of way. It's hard to turn away from a train wreck.

Do you know what a hate group is, and what they do? So because they are not physically abusing people they are ok? Seriously? Having beliefs against a group of people is one thing, actively pursuing an agenda that harms them or their rights is something else.

Having beliefs, and pursuing an agenda that supports those beliefs, does not a hate group make.

While I disagree strongly with the Duggars regarding their beliefs and attitudes towards homosexuality, I don't think they hate homosexuals, and they perceive their agenda as protecting certain rights, not harming others.

You can't have a discourse with people about their beliefs and opinions when your starting point is to denigrate them.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:47 AM

^ The Family Research Council is where Josh works. They are widely considered a hate group. This is not a label I personally attached to them.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
^ The Family Research Council is where Josh works. They are widely considered a hate group. This is not a label I personally attached to them.
That doesn't make the Duggars a hate group.

I concur with whomever labels The Family Research Council as a hate group, not because of their anti-gay beliefs, but because whenever I've come across propaganda put out by The Family Research Council, it's been filled with lies and distortions. I think that the Duggars believe some of these lies and distortions, which is sad, but I don't believe that the Duggars as a family hate homosexuals. They simply believe, as many people who are members of religious groups with a fundamentalist bent, that homosexuality is wrong.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 AM

Who said the Duggars were a hate group? Not I.

I am sure they feel they are doing good work, however distorted their views are.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Jessa's a brat. I think she'll be an awful mother.

JMHO.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:42 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:

Glad you're doing so well!

Old 04-25-2015, 02:10 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Jessa and Ben are expecting their first child.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2193068

That didn't take long!
Poor girls they are raised to only get married then pop out some kids it is creepy how their parents seem to cram this idea into the girls heads since they are young.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:20 PM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Jessa's a brat. I think she'll be an awful mother.

JMHO.
And you know this because you watch them on TV? Please.

Ok, I'm done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV