Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
did anyone catch the insinuation about Mauricio and the nanny from........I think Camille? Like someone else thinks he's a player ??
Yes I did...and he seems like it, but I think it also just might be the way he was brought up. Isn't he Cuban or Spanish or something? I think they are just overly affectionate people as a whole anyway and it may come off as seedy, but I definately would not trust him with women. I am disgusted with the way he flirts with Camille... The googly eyes they make back and forth makes me want to hurl.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Mauricio Urmansky was (reportedly) born in Mexico City, and moved to Bel-Air in 1976.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Ugh! When Paris was having her huge 15 minutes (I hope that's over now) there were various biography type shows about her and her family, every time Kyle was there to talk on TV about them. That's where I first saw Kyle and immediately felt she was trying to get vicarious fame, I have seen a lot of those shows and you can easily tell who is genuine and who just wants to be know as the friend/family of a famous person.

That has made it difficult for me to like Kyle from the beginning. I think that she was probably jealous of Kim's fame as a child and has probably always craved fame. That's not a crime, but it's annoying, and I wonder if Kyle doesn't put the Hiltons ahead of Kim, they seem to have a very complicated relationship. It was interesting how upset Kyle was that the Hiltons couldn't make it to Farrah's graduation, Farrah seemed fine with it.
Me too! I remember her all over b/c of her name & the hair. She has been on those E! shows that are replayed a gizillion times.

And now that Mauricio is going to be on the real estate show on Bravo....they enjoy the limelight. No denying that. I mean, hey, to each their own, but call it what it is. Does Mauricio have an accent or is it just the way he talks?

I graduated from college & sorry, my entire extended family was not there nor did I ever think they would be or wanted to be?!? Kyle made it sound like Farrah & her were on food stamps & barely surviving. Yes, every parent is very proud of their child when they graduate, but cmon, to say how sad she was that Paris wasn't there?! Gimme a break. And I am not so sure w/ the background of Paris Hilton & the her brother being busted for drugs that dropping their name really impresses anyone. Kyle name drops for some reason. I don't even think she knows she is doing it. But it just irked me b/c she says "Paris" as if we all sit around all day thinking & talking about Paris Hilton or even care!

Farrah appears use to it. It seems very much one of those mother/daughter relationships that are more friend based than parent based due to how young Kyle was when she had Farrah.

It is just very apparent that Kyle & Mauricio want a career in reality tv.

It's been said by a few & myself that these women are not stupid or dumb...they are actually very, very smart. They see how the franchise can get their name out their. How many times was Lisa's restuarant on camera? Adrienne took all the girls to the Palms & spoke of how pretty Vegas was at night. They all had a purpose though I really don't think Camille is all there & that Kim has real issues that she is struggling w/ in some manner.

If anything, they were a captivating group for some reason. And it is funny b/c there truly is no plot to any of it!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
[quote=detshen;17700116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post

In addition to everything they did for him, they were also supposed to get a 37 year old man him his own apartment, and find him a job in the outside world. They had been asking him to leave for a long time, and he kept weaseling out of it and working on trying to make them feel sorry for him. It's very hard to constantly have to ask someone you care about to get out of your house, Cerdric put them in a very awkward position. They were not using him, the idea that he was their plaything simply doesn't jibe with what I saw going on all season. Lisa seems to have tons of friends they are a very charming couple, they don't need a mooch for companionship, I believe they genuinely wanted to help him. The second husband thing was a joke. I don't buy this line of thinking about them using Cedric at all. Lisa did enjoy Cedric's company, they were close, but it's clear that they wanted him to move out for a long time, and he would still be welcome in their life, and considered part of the family while he was living elsewhere.
EXACTLY!
Paying for him his OWN apartment would not have helped him one bit. Why on earth would someone PAY for an apartment to put someone up that needed a little help when they have plenty of room at their own house. THAT is what most people do even those that have more than enough money. I have a very good friend that is extremely wealthy..... her neice moved from out of state w/ her little girl and they let them live with them in the extra bedrooms. They very easily could have BOUGHT her a house but did not want to do that as they figure the arrangement of someone LIVING WITH THEM TEMPORARILY is the best way to get someone back out and on their feet. Going out and renting them an apartment and paying their living expenses does NOTHING to help one get back on their feet. All that does is enable them to continue to mooch WITHOUT the person providing the assistance knowing what is going on. When one LIVES WITH someone tempoararily to get on their feet it is just that ........... temporary. When someone goes out and rents a person a place to live.......... that is more permenant and gives the person needing the assistance no incentive whatsoever to get their life on track.

I too thought the "second husband" comment was very much a joke. I highly doubt that Lisa was that attached to Cedric at all and they just did some things together like friends would. I don't see him taking Ken's place at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
No, you're not getting what I'm saying.

if they really wanted to help him get on his own two feet, they would have set something up, either an apt., a job opportunity, education or some combination thereof, AWAY from their house.

Do you get it? INSTEAD OF PUTTING HIM UP FOR 1+ YEARS THEY COULD HAVE GOT HIM HIS OWN PLACE. There were about a million different things they could have done to help him out, they didn't HAVE to let him move in.

He DID NOT, at any time, make it seem like he was 1) getting a job or 2) moving out. Don't you think if the Vanderpumps didn't like the arrangement they would have kicked him out in way less than a year? But they didn't. Why? BECAUSE THEY WERE GETTING SOMETHING OUT OF CEDRIC STAYING THERE.

Look, this is a successful BILLIONAIRE couple. You can't sit here and tell me that if they really wanted him out, they wouldn't have thrown them out. They are not these emotionally delicate, fragile flowers. They are billionaires. The reason why I keep harping on that is because, do you know how shrewd you have to be to make that much money? how clever, how smart you have to be? You can't tell me that people shrewd enough to make billions of dollars couldn't figure out a way to get a bum out of their home. It just doesn't make sense.
We get what you are saying but it is makine ZERO sense. To get someone on their feet you do NOT go out and rent them an apartment and pay for it. That is giving them a PERMENANT place to live and gives them no incentive at all to "get out on their own". It is a totally different ballgame is someone already has a place and falls on a few months hard times and you help them out w/ the rent then. Going out and renting their apartment... paying their living expenses and anything else the person wants to do does nothing to help them. Even though they are multi billionaires why on earth would one pay for someone elses apartment to help them get on their feet when they have plenty of room for them at their own house and THAT arrangement is viewed as a TEMPORARY ONE. Renting them an apartment is more permanent because then EVERYTHING has to be in your name and the person you are helping can do anything they want w/ no oversight at all.

I have friends that are multi millionaires that allowed a family member to live w/ them recently so she could get on her feet. They were NOT about to go rent her an apartment and pay for it and not know what she was up to. Her being in their house they knew exactly what she was doing and if she was really trying to get her life together. These people need DIRECT OVERSIGHT! You can not do that if they are living somewhere else while you are footing the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
A year and nine months, apparently...

Cedric is not their son, he was a friend, and a grown man at that with all of his faculties seemingly intact. It's ridiculous to say that because they didn't pay for him to go to school, find him a job (SERIOUSLY?), and pay for a place for him to live that they were not being taken advantage of. What nonsense.
I know....... I know. I agree with you.

Quote:
Being wealthy doesn't make one immune to human emotions. They deeply cared for him like family, it's completely normal to allow someone you have loved for 15 years to stay at your house for weeks and even months, esp since they were helping him get his citizenship, probably assuming once he had that he would leave on his own. Rich people have just as difficult a time being the bad guy when it comes to people they love, more difficult sometimes because they have so much it can feel selfish to not share it. There is no question they cared for him and wanted him in their lives, that is a benefit, but that certainly doesn't mean they were "using" him like a toy, anymore than a parent who lets their child stay at home way too long. I agree they made a mistake, but it was an understandable one that came out of caring, not selfishness. There is no indication that he was being "dumped" by the family, or they were "bored" with him. I believe that if he had moved out on good terms, he would have been invited regularly and been at every holiday and Birthday and had the family he said he wanted.
EXACTLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Agree with this. I'm sure Lisa liked him and enjoyed his company, but that does not mean she was using him. She was trying to help out a friend. I'm sorry but even the wealthiest people cannot be expected to set someone up in their own apartment and get them a job - that's ridiculous!

I think they tried to help someone in the best way they knew how. Hindsight is of course 20/20.
I do not for the life of me understand how anyone can think that Ken and/or Lisa were USING Cedric.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:50 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
And to add to it...... you do not know for a fact that when Cedric first moved to the states and moved in w/ them for him to get his paperwork done that he was not REALLY WORKING for them. As Ken and Lisa both have stated numerous times that Cedric had worked at their restaurants and bars in London previously.

Being wealthy has nothing to do w/ how one helps a friend that is like family get on their feet. You are reaching for straws in trying to make it sound like that because they are billionaires they ALWAYS "solve problems" easily. Not all problems are as easily fixed as you seem to think. TRUST ME! I've got a lot more experience in this area and it's not an overnight fix to "fix problems" be it personal or business related. Sometimes it CAN take many years to get a situation resolved to a better outcome. Your logic is flawed. It is not real life........ far from it.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you pegged that totally! So tired of the pity parade Kyle is having because she's responsible for Kim Wel I just read on another site that they are actually still not on good terms so Kyle can climb off the pity pot now. Perhaps if Kyle had not been an enabler Kim might have gotten better. At the very least the viewers would not have been subjected to her "woe is me" crap all season. Kim is a big girl so Kyle needs to stay backed off.
If the relationship still is not better, it's probably because of the reunion. Watching Kim say she doesn't want to talk about the limo fight; then she looks at Kyle like Kim is hiding something (about Kyle) then Kyle starts talking about it instead of doing what Kim did. Then Kim said she supported the family & Kyle cut that down by saying she worked & supported the household too as well as her father. Did you see Kims face? She has no money left but she can't get recognition for her contribution. I read on a UK site that their mother was a piece of work & she couldn't keep a guy & that yes; Kims money supported them & how disappointed she (mother) was that Kathy & Kyle couldn't make money acting like Kim did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Oh, they totally used each other. Lisa got to order him around and he had to do whatever she said. (Not that he always complied, but you def know he was *supposed* to comply bc you saw how pissed off she got every time he didn't.). He was paid to be her human lapdog.

Lisa and Ken even said at the beginning of the season that Cedric was her "gay husband" and there to keep her company when Ken was away and in the ways Ken can't. Cedric was there to be her companion. In exchange, they paid for his lifestyle. When they got tired of his company, they got tired of paying for his lifestyle and wanted him out.

No one does anything without getting *something* out of it. See, if Lisa and Ken REALLY wanted to just help him, they could have offered to pay for his own place for 6 months and to help financially with school or acting lessons or whatever for 6 months. And they could tell him, after the 6 months, then he's on his own. He would be in his own place, so they wouldn't have had to kick him out, and he would be forced to takeover his own rent or become homeless.

But no. They didn't do that. They let him live at their house so he could "get on his feet", yet at no time did it ever seem like he was trying to do that. Do you know why they didn't work a plan like I mentioned in the above paragraph? Because LISA WANTED TO USE HIM FOR HUMAN COMPANIONSHIP. If they had paid for him to stay somewhere else, or helped him get his own place and find a real job, he would have had no time to follow Lisa around and hang out with her. The Vanderpumps and Cedric used each other.

Lisa has also talked about how much she missed having her children around, how big her house is now that it's just her and Ken (they're actually looking to move right now into some place smaller), and Cedric went on and on about wanting parental figures to take care of him. Lisa and Cedric used each other to work out their emotional issues, her - wanting someone to "mother" and him - wanting to be mothered.
I actually suggested that on Lisas facebook about them paying for a place for him; something he can actually afford when he's established but they'd already split but we didn't know it yet. When Ken said it was time for him to move on; they should have said ok; we're going to add you as a paid employee; here are your hours & job & handle it so that his money went into a savings account for when they cut him loose. I have a feeling that something happened behind the scenes to make that not happen. I read that Cedric is the one who changed once filming started; he was doing things so that he had more air time; which makes sense with how much he was shown- which was more then Ken or any of the husbands.

As far as him being their "dog" well I wouldn't mind being their dog even if it meant I had to keep them company or help at the restaurant. BFD he had to wake up early to watch Lisa work out. He sure seemed to enjoy it on camera.

What's screwing everyone up is that Ken & Lisa said that they moved to BH & found Cedric on their doorstep one day; now we find out that they sponsored him coming to the states. I highly doubt they would have done that if he wasn't a good employee in London. I think that after he moved in he got comfortable & started slacking off & whining. Anyway; I'm shocked Ken & Lisa did not do a back ground check before taking him in. From what we're led to believe when the show started; they knew his life story pretty well; we now find out he has a sister & his story is BS.

Quote:
Ugh! When Paris was having her huge 15 minutes (I hope that's over now) there were various biography type shows about her and her family, every time Kyle was there to talk on TV about them. That's where I first saw Kyle and immediately felt she was trying to get vicarious fame, I have seen a lot of those shows and you can easily tell who is genuine and who just wants to be know as the friend/family of a famous person.

That has made it difficult for me to like Kyle from the beginning. I think that she was probably jealous of Kim's fame as a child and has probably always craved fame. That's not a crime, but it's annoying, and I wonder if Kyle doesn't put the Hiltons ahead of Kim, they seem to have a very complicated relationship. It was interesting how upset Kyle was that the Hiltons couldn't make it to Farrah's graduation, Farrah seemed fine with it.
I have a feeling the money tree is getting dry with Mauricio in Million Dollar Listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Mauricio Urmansky was (reportedly) born in Mexico City, and moved to Bel-Air in 1976.
That's what Kyle said in her blog but that he's Greek

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,612,160 times
I've "seen" Ken and Lisa's restaurant Villa Blanca on TV, but I never really paid any attention to it. I just took a virtual tour of it and realized how much it looks like their house LOL! *sigh* love those two.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,213 times
Anybody else notice the looks exchanged between Mauricio and Camille during the reunion? Something is going on there!!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
I've "seen" Ken and Lisa's restaurant Villa Blanca on TV, but I never really paid any attention to it. I just took a virtual tour of it and realized how much it looks like their house LOL! *sigh* love those two.
ha! that's so cool. LOVE Lisa & Ken.
They seem like genuinely lovely and caring people.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Anybody else notice the looks exchanged between Mauricio and Camille during the reunion? Something is going on there!!
wouldn't surprise me. Always felt there was some underlying reason Kyle and Camille clash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV