Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:02 AM

308 posts, read 427,787 times

Advertisements

That's a good point. So you're saying she kind of won it by default. I can go along with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 AM

874 posts, read 1,660,843 times
Yup, that's what I'm saying. There weren't a lot of likable people this season.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:08 AM

308 posts, read 427,787 times
I actually rather enjoyed Rachel though I know most people hated her.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 AM

I think Rachel's not bad either, but I was taking more of a general approach. There were some things I liked about her and others I disliked. I think if she wasn't there the season would have sucked.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,321,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
I think Rachel's not bad either, but I was taking more of a general approach. There were some things I liked about her and others I disliked. I think if she wasn't there the season would have sucked.
I didn't like listening to or looking at Rachel. Matt was an unrepentant scumbag. Lane is not the person I thought he was at all....8 second game? I would press charges against anyone who did that to me...and he thinks that is what you do to a woman you are involved with? I wonder how the female members of his family feel after hearing about that...I would be so upset. I didn't like Enzo at all, but by the end he was looking better and better. At least Enzo is a family man, who loves his wife. I will not watch next season, if they don't do a better job of picking the participants.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:41 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
I personally think they had to go with a whitebread group this time because of the totally lowlifes they had on the last few seasons....i.e. that pumped up steroid can and EvilDORK.....

Maybe after a 'calmdown' season they can go back to the ones like they USED to have

Old 09-19-2010, 06:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I personally think they had to go with a whitebread group this time because of the totally lowlifes they had on the last few seasons....i.e. that pumped up steroid can and EvilDORK.....

Maybe after a 'calmdown' season they can go back to the ones like they USED to have

I hope so, dyni, but I won't hold my breath.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,471,600 times
What bothers me most (besides the way production manipulates the game) is not Rachel's every word, Brittany's witty nastiness, Mr. Drecktacular, Lane's exaggerated Texasness, Matt's unscrupulousness, or any of their awful qualities. The game is only interesting to watch if most of them are scum beings. What bothers me most is this ridiculous notion that being a 'floater' is an unworthy strategy.

On the contrary: any strategy that gets you to the end, whatever it may be, is a worthy strategy because it worked. Just like krav maga: if it worked, it was a good move. If not, no good. Every time I hear a player complaining "He hasn't made any big moves in the game", I want to drown him or her in BB Slop. Under the radar is an excellent place to fly. If one's strength is in being inoffensive and pleasant, people who decide to play the game another way shouldn't hate on those whose strategy is simply not to make enemies. Now, that's also a good reason to vote someone off: because one couldn't beat them in the end, perhaps. But NOT 'because you haven't really played the game.' Anyone in the house the full distance has played the game 24/7, and every time some jury voter whines that someone did not make 'big moves,' I am simply glad that person's on the jury and not in the running for a victory.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM

Being nice is a great strategy and probably will get you the win. But making no big moves while sitting next to someone who did would **** me off if I had made moves, but was voted out.

I hope that made sense.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,032 times
I was just astounded at Monet's failure to take the "out" Julie offered her with the "was it just said in the heat of the moment?". I mean, really, her comments about Rachel were extremely harsh. But equally as surprising was Rachel's response to the comments. If that was the first time I was hearing those sort of comments directed at me - by basically a sore loser - on national TV - it would have gone either of two ways: (1) Take the high road, rise above it, make my comments about about what sort of person would say such uninformed, nasty, harsh and personal comments; or (2) Leap out of my seat and commence a physical beat-down. Instead, she was almost oblivious to how awful the comments were, laughing it off, wanting to extend an olive branch. Quite frankly, that was equally astonishing to me.

Really, never mind it being on TV - would you really sit through someone calling you a "stupid hooker", a "skank", a "**** rodent"? I mean, WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV