Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 07:16 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
It re-airs on Friday at 11:00 p.m. and Sat. at 11:30 p.m.
Perfect, thank you. I'll make sure I stay up on Friday night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,850,258 times
So they are finally picking up the story from the first episode? I'm pretty disappointed in this show, they haven't had any real storyline, it's been more like an older show where everything was resolved in one episode. I've been catching the episodes On Demand, but that's the only way I'll watch it, there's just nothing making me want to make the time to tune in when they actually broadcast it. If they quit carrying it On Demand I wouldn't bother watching it.

These days you have shows with complex storylines where you're just dying to see what will happen next, I just feel like the creators of the show are too lazy to do that. When you can skip several episodes and not miss anything, that's just not a good thing.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM

5,014 posts, read 10,696,212 times
I hope they continue with this storyline; it is far better than having a new case for Raylan each week. As I've said before, this show is the r-ship between Raylan and Boyd, and the actor who plays Boyd is too good to not be featured regularly on the show.

Does anyone else notice the weird camera shots? It's actually a distinguishing characteristic of the show that I enjoy.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Does anyone else notice the weird camera shots? It's actually a distinguishing characteristic of the show that I enjoy.
Yes, especially during the conversation between Raylan and Boyd - really tight shots on the eyes and mouths, possibly signifying the bond between them and the life long connection - and they both have good and bad in them!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
So they are finally picking up the story from the first episode? I'm pretty disappointed in this show, they haven't had any real storyline, it's been more like an older show where everything was resolved in one episode. I've been catching the episodes On Demand, but that's the only way I'll watch it, there's just nothing making me want to make the time to tune in when they actually broadcast it. If they quit carrying it On Demand I wouldn't bother watching it.

These days you have shows with complex storylines where you're just dying to see what will happen next, I just feel like the creators of the show are too lazy to do that. When you can skip several episodes and not miss anything, that's just not a good thing.
I think they've kept the Boyd storyline going since the pilot, certainly not as much as I would have liked, but it's been there. They've also kept Raylan's Miami kill in the mix as well.

Maybe the real storyline is more about a marshall coming home to the last place in the world he'd wanna be. How it might be the best thing for him in the end - to face his demons (father, ex wife, etc.) instead of running away.

The writers are onto something IMO, and they just need to stay on track in order for the show to continue on another season.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, especially during the conversation between Raylan and Boyd - really tight shots on the eyes and mouths, possibly signifying the bond between them and the life long connection - and they both have good and bad in them!
Oh, that scene was great--you could totally see Raylan about to explode, and that voice that Boyd was doing was so perfect! And the shots were only of their mouths or their eyes, and they were from really interesting angles.

I noticed that they've done the camera shots like that in nearly every episode, and I love them. The first time I noticed it, the shot had actually been of someone reaching for a file, and they showed just the hand reaching for the file, but it isn't done continuously like in other shows. Another time, they showed a shot of a safe. It's such a different approach and it's so interesting.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:11 PM

Default Justified renewed for 2nd season!

Just heard the FX has picked up Justified for Season 2. This is awesome news. I hope the writers/director will take the critiques to heart as far as serialization, more edgy, keep Boyd, more Raylan sexual encounters (that's mine), etc.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Just heard the FX has picked up Justified for Season 2. This is awesome news. I hope the writers/director will take the critiques to heart as far as serialization, more edgy, keep Boyd, more Raylan sexual encounters (that's mine), etc.
IDK. Tonight's ep looks as if it will be another departure from the Harlan storyline But I am glad to hear that it was picked up for a second season; just don't know if I will be watching.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:21 PM

Now we're talking! That show kicked butt.

First, how cool was Dan from Deadwood? Takes me back - all we need now is a can of peaches and I'm back at Swearingin's bar.

2nd, Boyd running to his dad... hilarious!!!

Looks like Ava's toast and Winona might be back in Raylan's life. I'm so looking forward to next week.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
next week looks real good. i loved deadwood. great show last nite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV