Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Prior to the series premiere of Justified, FX had this truly great promo for the show. In fact, I don't think the pilot lived up to the promo but the series Justified has turned into my favorite current TV show. During Justified and during the FX movies, that I seem to be watching a lot lately, and on the Fox Business Channel and the Fox News Channel, I am now seeing a really terrific promo for Rescue Me. I love it! The visuals and the music. VERY memorable. I don't know if the same people turned out both the pre-series Justified promo and the pre-season Rescue Me promo (NY people and kids/Yankee scenes/fireman scenes) but they should get some kind of award for creativity. Have you guys seen the current Rescue Me one (with the NY song in the background) and do you recall the pre-series promo for Justified with Boyd and Rayland in a slo-motion very visually appealing gun scene? I think so much of the two promos that I think they should include it with the DVD sets.

This is the Justified one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOMCY...eature=related

This is the Rescue Me one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lreKlkf1-Zs

Last edited by LauraC; 06-20-2010 at 11:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,043,044 times
Can't wait for Rescue Me. Never seen Justified.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:31 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Watched a lot of the Rescue me promo's yesterday, will definitely dvr it!! Oh and i love that song by Alicia Keys!!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,222,724 times
Same for me. HUGE Rescue Me fan, never watched Justified.

So tell us about it.....why do you like it and would the rest of us?

Old 06-21-2010, 03:30 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,043,044 times
When is Rescue Me starting up again?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:31 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,283 times
Default My Favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Same for me. HUGE Rescue Me fan, never watched Justified.

So tell us about it.....why do you like it and would the rest of us?
Please watch the first episode of "Justified" entitled "Fire In the Hole." You'll be hooked in five minutes or less. The characters are great, the setting of eastern Kentucky is original, and the relationship of Raylan and Boyd is unforgettable. Raylan (Timothy Olyphant) and Boyd (Walton Goggins) play off each other so well! All the story lines of the first season were really good, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I can't say enough good things about "Justified." It's my favorite TV show.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 PM

76 posts, read 274,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
Please watch the first episode of "Justified" entitled "Fire In the Hole." You'll be hooked in five minutes or less. The characters are great, the setting of eastern Kentucky is original, and the relationship of Raylan and Boyd is unforgettable. Raylan (Timothy Olyphant) and Boyd (Walton Goggins) play off each other so well! All the story lines of the first season were really good, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I can't say enough good things about "Justified." It's my favorite TV show.
Though I usually dig FX originals, I thought this show was terrible. Matter fact, one of the main problems with it was the seriously unbelievable dialogue. I mean, people in this show wanted each other dead, but they would always talk to each other as if they were some long lost friend. To someone else, this dialogue might not be a problem and maybe even comedic to boot, but after awhile it gets REALLY annoying.

So basically, I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,416 times
I had my back to the TV the first time I saw Rescue Me promo, and the only reason I turned was the song --it's been Derek Jeter's walk-up music when he comes to the plate since late last summer (we heard it a lot in the postseason). At this point, it's almost Pavlovian to associate it with Jeter.

I'm not a Rescue Me fan, but I -am- a Yankee fan, and I've watched that commercial over and over -- very powerful images, and a nice contrast between Jeter and Tommy's career paths. The little boy playing Tommy at the barbecue grill is adorable, the shot of NYC with the Twin Towers gave me chills (even if that shot is inaccurate -- Yankee players don't tun in Liberty State Park), and that young boy doing Jeter's patented jump throw to first even looks like him.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:50 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,416 times
[quote=LauraC;14703198]I don't know if the same people turned out both the pre-series Justified promo and the pre-season Rescue Me promo (NY people and kids/Yankee scenes/fireman scenes)

The commercial isn't that generic -- it compares Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter and Tommy (sorry, I'm not a fan, so I don't know his last name), from their childhoods to their adult careers. The baby in the hospital nursery is supposed to be Jeter, and the young boy in the backyard playing baseball is supposed to be Jeter as well (the boy does a pretty good version of Jeter's jump throw to first, even if you can tell that it's been edited from a couple of shots -- it takes a long time to perfect that move).

Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,515 times
Haven't seen the Justified promo yet, but the Rescue Me one got my attention. Good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV