Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I' can't believe I"m going to say this, because I love Hell's Kitchen, but this season utterly sucks. I'm bored to death with it. I can't stay focused. I hope it starts getting better. I mean these people can't cook. At this point, they still can't finish a freaking Service...

Ever notice on the challenges when it comes down to the end - it's always a Tie, until the final dish... It's becoming the same ole' same ole...
I agree with you on both points. My wife and I have been on board Hell's Kitchen since season 1. This is BY FAR the worst season so far. Just about every cook is annoying, and none of them have stood out as being an elite chef.

And the challenges...they ALWAYS come down to the final dish LOL. Like, if the red team is down 0-2 in a best of 5 challenge, then you KNOW the blue team is going to win the next 2 LOL. Just like American Idol, Survivor, Bachelor, etc....some of these older reality shows that have been around for a long are beginning to lose their appeal. It's becoming more of the same every season. I find myself less and less interested every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Don't forget you can watch HK easily on youtube, I've been watching it that way for years. It's in 4 parts which is annoying but there are no commercials.
Didn't even realize it was on YouTube. I thought it was only on Hulu. Thanks for pointing that out, gobrien.

Maybe now, I can keep up with everyone else on here.

(Actually, they only recently changed it on Hulu so that you have to wait 8 days --- until the very end of last season, it was available the next morning.)

Old 06-21-2012, 08:39 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I don't sew but have been in fabric stores so I know those clothes don't cost anywhere near $800! For crying out loud, that blouse of Roshni's was gauze, wasn't it?? Even if all the thread were pure gold, it still wouldn't cost that much!
Well at TJ Maxx it would be but 80.00 and would include a hand bag plus additional outfits. Some one should tell her....

Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Well at TJ Maxx it would be but 80.00 and would include a hand bag plus additional outfits. Some one should tell her....
A "Maxxanista"!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I' can't believe I"m going to say this, because I love Hell's Kitchen, but this season utterly sucks. I'm bored to death with it. I can't stay focused. I hope it starts getting better. I mean these people can't cook. At this point, they still can't finish a freaking Service...

Ever notice on the challenges when it comes down to the end - it's always a Tie, until the final dish... It's becoming the same ole' same ole...
Agreed. I'm completely underwhelmed this season.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:28 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Thank you. I'm sorry that I got his name wrong.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I agree with you. Twinkle-why don't they practice cooking fish, risotto, scallops and Wellingtons? I know cooking is different when you're not under pressure and having to time everything with other chefs, but geeze! How hard is it to keep fish from burning when you are standing right there?
I know things are supposed to be standardized, but the thickness of pans and pots varies and the temperature of ovens can vary.

I never had risotto.
You first start with a shorter grained rice - more sticky and starchy. You add wine until the rice absorbs it and then add a stock and keep stirring. The rice gives up starch to the stock which makes it mushy. It should be served immediately as the rice will reabsorb the liquid which will turn it grainy.

You can touch meat as it is cooking to see how done it is getting. I guess that's why Ramsay got angry about using the thermometer. All those fingers touching your food - hmmmm. That's why Wellington is so tricky. You have no way of telling what's going on under that crust.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
UGH! I can't stand a salad swimming in dressing! What's the point of a salad if you can't taste (or see) the vegetables? This always baffles me about people claiming to be on a diet, yet smother the otherwise healthy, low-calorie salad in something that puts them right back up to a "bacon-cheeseburger with four one-pound patties with extra cheese and sauce, large fries and super-size milkshake" status, and wonder why they can't seem to lose weight. BUT ........ different strokes for different folks.
Yeah. Cheap restaurants put too much vinegar on salads, too. Bottled dressings do the same thing. The correct ratio is from three to five parts olive oil to one part vinegar.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 AM

285 posts, read 616,407 times
Not this year. Hell's Kitchen has turned into Jerry Springer with a stove. Trash TV. Last couple of seasons have been low but after watching the first two episodes of this season...I reached out and found both the "delete" and "off" buttons. There is no fun in watching bad cooks (NOT chefs!) behaving badly. No Mas.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:45 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
I love that comment-Jerry Springer with a stove!

You'd think people would behave better on tv with all the potential employers watching it or googling them if they mention they were on the show.

They aren't very smart serving those fashion creatures anything deep fried or not spicing it up when they say they want flavor. I really am not looking forward to the upcoming part feeding all the fashion snobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV