Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
And just because it's Manhattan doesn't mean you can ask and get X millions of $$$$.
Oh yes you certainly can!
I live here, I know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
that broker Richard Steinberg annoys me. I'm sure he's a very capable broker but he comes across all fidgety, hyper and like a used car salesman. I walk away from people like him very quickly.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Will never understand why people want to live on top of each other like sardines in a crowded city.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
that broker Richard Steinberg annoys me. I'm sure he's a very capable broker but he comes across all fidgety, hyper and like a used car salesman. I walk away from people like him very quickly.
OMG yes, I so agree with you.
I hated when he was showing the apartment and telling the potential buyers what the rooms can be used for. Um, hello, I think they could figure that out for themselves. I felt like he was pressuring them into buying the apartment.

I wasn't crazy about him either.

I also hated the developer Andres Hoog, he was a complete *****, I just didn't like him at all.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
Quote:
I completely agree. Everything is a drama and a problem for him. He makes it out like he is going into the hospital to have a lung removed and thus needs the apartment ready to HIS specifications pronto. Yeesh. I also didn't like the developer he was working with - very cocky.

As for the building across from the NYSD, I agree - I'd rather have an open lot rather than the building they propose to build. And by the way, with the City (like all others in the US) going broke, how long will it be before that is even built? Not to mention the construction noise.

Regarding the apartment of the soap star, I thought the main living area was nice and modern, but the bedrooms were pretty small. I lived across the street from that building a few years ago. I had NO idea that some of those old "walk-ups" now had elevators! That was definitely a plus - and not mentioned at all as a perk. As for the rooftop, I don't know folks. As I said, I lived across the street in a LARGE rental building, very tall and wide (it was the old IRS building converted to apartment rentals to give you an idea of the size). Whatever you do with that rooftop, you are going to have a large amount of people in the building opposite you gawking at you every now and again. No expectation of privacy there. I really was surprised at how much they wanted to sell it for.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That poster you highlighted in red was referring to House Hunters, not Selling Manhattan.
Uh, no -- that red highlight was my own comment.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
OMG yes, I so agree with you.
I hated when he was showing the apartment and telling the potential buyers what the rooms can be used for. Um, hello, I think they could figure that out for themselves. I felt like he was pressuring them into buying the apartment.

I wasn't crazy about him either.

I also hated the developer Andres Hoog, he was a complete *****, I just didn't like him at all.
I agree some people could figure it out by themselves, but it drives me bananas when I am watching HH/HHI episodes and the buyers will visit any given unstaged home and say "um, and what is this room used for, exactly?" if you decide to buy the house you can use it as you want!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I agree some people could figure it out by themselves, but it drives me bananas when I am watching HH/HHI episodes and the buyers will visit any given unstaged home and say "um, and what is this room used for, exactly?" if you decide to buy the house you can use it as you want!

I know, it does make you wonder, it isn't like they are being show a house with 75 rooms, so yeah, maybe that would get a little hairy, but the usual homes have the usual rooms....

and I agree, of course walking into any home you can say, "oh this is the dining room", but I have no need for one, so I will make this my office so I can be a part of the family and be in the middle of things...

any room can be anything you want, if your paying for it, you deceide it !!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:52 PM

Ok this weeks episode, the chinese Aunt did not want to spend a dime on her apartment. Ok Aunt, looks like you aint selling sheet for a while,

the man with the 10 thousand dollar apartment that needed a reno, looked good once they were done. I think the terrace/balcony should have been restored to what it originally was, an outside space no matter how small is great.

What happened to the Kleiers, I missed them...
but remember,
-"A girl like you needs a doorman" ??? ----can't she open a door herself???
-"I wouldn't want my daughters living in a building like that"----why ?? are you afraid of stairs??

Old 03-11-2011, 02:14 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
What happened to the Kleiers, I missed them...
Now that they feather three agencies instead of last season's two, they rotate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV