Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 09:44 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

I hate that it's over. It was my favorite show, but all in all, I think the ending was just about as good an ending as I've ever seen in a series. Sad, but not a downer, if that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Damn! I did not see that coming.
(gotta say, I didn't like it.)

Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I also have to comment to that rude poster w/ the spoiler that I'm glad he/she was wrong.
I'm glad she was wrong, too.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:52 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I hate that it's over. It was my favorite show, but all in all, I think the ending was just about as good an ending as I've ever seen in a series. Sad, but not a downer, if that makes sense.
I agree. It was sad but left us with the feeling that everyone (except one) we had grown to care about over the 5 years would be just fine.

It was much like I felt at the end of Steel Magnolias.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,904 times
I agree it was a good ending, and realistic, as far as these things go.

I would have liked to hear a bit more about what happened to Juniper Creek, or did I miss that?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:25 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Well, they showed it being dismantled. Albie's rotting in prison, hundreds gather at the church Bill started, and legislation had been introduced to legalize polygamy.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:12 AM

553 posts, read 1,545,152 times
I cried through much of the last episode, hope I wasn't the only one. Very good series, I'm so glad I watched every minute of it from beginning to end through the years. I don't regret loving it.

The way Frank and Louis went the way they did was awesome, so poetic. Funny how they always fought each other to the near death and yet, all this time they loved each other very much. Nobody saw the end coming the way it did. That was awesome how unpredictable that was. Excellent writing HBO!!!!! Nobody suspected Carl as the bad guy. Barb stepped in as the Priesthood holder and leader of the family, Nicki learned humanity and Margene is soaring with her new wings but is able to keep her roots too. I'll miss you Big Love!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 09:51 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
I was not a fan of the ending. I really felt like there were too many loose ends....I felt like the writers tried to compact so much into that last episode. I agree with whoever said it would have been nice to have a "six feet under-esque" ending. I was a loyal viewer for the entire series and I guess I just expected MORE! Maybe nothing would have left me feeling satisfied.n :\

Old 03-21-2011, 10:14 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
it's always a tough undertaking to end a series - the audience is going to have huge expectations and there is always a lot to work through

wasn't a huge fan of the pacing and movement of this episode - but overall I'm happy with it and how things worked out

Spoiler
the whole season did kind of setup the climatic moment ... everyone was preparing for life without Bill and they ended up with life after Bill ...... the dynamic with carl and his family and the hendricksons was always a little bumpy so it makes sense that it would boil over .... when it was happening it seemed like a copout to just have Bill die

however, i think the 11 month later reflection they provided made me comfortable with it .... the speech barb made about being forged and tough fit the program and what has been a recurring theme in the program .... that while the polygamous wives are often in a battle of place with their husbands and other wives and while society as a whole may look on them as frail, desperate and prone to being taken advantage of - at the end they are the strong willed backbone holding it all together

it also showed that those 3 do remain married to each other

from the wrapup what I noticed was ben married, the daughter with a grandchild baptised by barb, cara lynn present, nikki still being nikki but changed a little bit by the loss, margene branching out

what I didn't catch - was that a new house? - are they all living under one roof now?

did frank also take a shot? - to me it looked like he just relieved lois as opposed to the romantic notion of dual suicide

Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,604,074 times
Spoiler

I loved how the last episode was more positive than the show has been in a long time. It really seemed like they were a family again and that all of them appreciated each other. I liked the part with Lois and Frank. It seemed like Bill's death was actually a blessing in disguise. In the very end they seemed to be doing a lot better.

I'm so sad it's over, I definitely teared up when Bill asked Barb for a blessing as he died. It was so perfect for him to recognize her as a priesthood holder at that moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV