Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:07 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,716,130 times

Advertisements

Hey remember Magnum TA? I remember all the wrestlers mentioned ...those were the good old days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 10:39 AM

497 posts, read 1,177,943 times
When I was a kid growing up in St. Louis during the 60's, we lived for Saturday night wrestling. Mom would pop corn and we'd even have Pepsis! That was a rare and wonderful treat. Each of us even got our own bottle!

I'd settle at my Mom's feet with my bowl of popcorn and my Pepsi and watch my favorites. I didn't know it was fake and took it all very seriously! My Mom's reactions were the best part. Normally she was pretty soft spoken, but she'd hoot, holler, laugh and even get right up to the TV and yell at her favorite to "Get Up, don't let him do that to you!"

My personal favorites were:

Cowboy Bob Ellis - he may have been local. I rarely find anyone who's heard of him

Chief Jay Strongbow - I LOVED when his Squaw wife would beat the tom tom and it made him stronger

Dick the Bruiser - he scared me and I always thought of him as the bad guy, but was once told by someone who knew him that he was a very sweet, kind man

Now, maybe this is where you guys can help. I can't remember the guy's name, but he wore cutoff overalls and did a donkey kick where he'd go down on his hands and do this back kick that totally disabled his opponent.

Later, my hubby and I watched during the 80's. Loved Hacksaw Jim Dugen. We loved to hate Rick Rude and I always hoped he'd do his classic move, "The Rude Awakening." Jake the Snake. Andre. So many others.

I don't watch anymore. What passes for wrestling now is just not the same.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,398,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post

Now, maybe this is where you guys can help. I can't remember the guy's name, but he wore cutoff overalls and did a donkey kick where he'd go down on his hands and do this back kick that totally disabled his opponent.
Farmer Jones? didnt he usually bring a pig in the ring with him?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:24 AM

497 posts, read 1,177,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Farmer Jones? didnt he usually bring a pig in the ring with him?
Right you are! I had completely forgotten about the pig!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV