Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times

Advertisements

So fellow RW-ers...This has to be the worst season ever. I mean worse than London and Brooklyn!!
All this season is is 21 year olds arguing, discussing feelings, fighting, etc. You've got the token black guy, gay/ bi-guy, goody-two shoes brunette, eating disorder girl, b***h, nerdy dude, wanna-be singer, etc, etc!

But, like a train-wreck, I can't stop watching. I'm waiting for this painful season to be over!! Anyone else with me here? Anyone? Anyone??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
I stopped watching after like three episodes and have caught bits and pieces as my wife has watched the rest but I dont see how your description is any worse than the last few seasons.

It cant be worse than Austin which is by far the worst season IMO.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,882 times
The best Real World was season 3 in San Francsico, after that it all went downhill

Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
The early Real Worlds were actually kind of interesting--the housemates had jobs and interesting discussions about politics and religion and their differences. After a few seasons, they started casting slutty jerks who'd get in fights and screw in the hot tub.

Quote:
I mean worse than London and Brooklyn!!
I loved the London season, mostly because I had a supercrush on Neil.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
I liked London too. I thought that was one of the better seasons. I also liked Brooklyn. I know people thought it was boring but I thought it had a decent cast unlike most of the more recent seasons.

I think Hollywood has been the best out of the last few years. Before that I thought Key West and San Diego were good too.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
I'm with you Sportsfangal. Worst season ever. I use to make a point of recording it on a Wednesday night. Now, I don't even bother. If I catch it in rerun, fine - if not - couldn't care less. I'm not gonna miss anything. There is NOTHING going on with these people. There is not one of them that I can relate to. The music guy is SO into himself (and an awful singer - and do NOT get me going on his bandmates), the blonde needs some self-esteem, the nerd guy thinks he is WAY cuter than the rest of us, the black guy is gonna get himself tossed off if he does not stop pushing the girls, the music chick who I thought might have a good storyline has gone off the radar, and the two brunettes are so self-righteous and self-involved that I want to slap them!

Onto the next season already ... !

Old 02-25-2010, 05:52 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
I agree this is the worst. Doesn't seem interesting at all. I haven't watched a full episode yet--just too boring--have you tried watching Oxygen's Bad Girls Club???? That is trash tv that is addicting--puts Real World to bed!! LOL

Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
I certainly have, Chica_bella and I love them! My mouth is hanging open in shock half the time!

Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Oh, trust me "RJ", it's way worse!!! At least the Austin cast, among others, had some sort of personality dynamics, this season is just plain dull and lifeless!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I stopped watching after like three episodes and have caught bits and pieces as my wife has watched the rest but I dont see how your description is any worse than the last few seasons.

It cant be worse than Austin which is by far the worst season IMO.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 PM

Amen, "Chica"! I never watched past Bad Girls, but for some reason, I watched this season, and got hooked. And it absolutely puts this RW to shame. It's still another train wreck, and you feel a couple of brain cells dying off, but at least it's more attention holding than RW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I agree this is the worst. Doesn't seem interesting at all. I haven't watched a full episode yet--just too boring--have you tried watching Oxygen's Bad Girls Club???? That is trash tv that is addicting--puts Real World to bed!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV