Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 07:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,225,740 times

Advertisements

I only caught the last 30 mins of the show last night but was blown away by what I saw except for Bristol's routine. It was okay but not earth shattering like the judges made it out to be. Was nice seeing her smile though. I did like the snippets of her "standing up/defending" herself.

Through it all, all I could think of was how she is going to win because of her mother's people and that's just plain ridiculous.

I did not know Jennifer and Matthew Broderick had been in a fatal car crash in Ireland. Loved seeing that photo of her and Patrick together. Do I recall correctly that they didn't like each other when filming Dirty Dancing or is that a figment of my imagination? Still don't know why she got a nose job. Yes, she is beautiful now but she was pretty back then too. Guess beautiful is better than pretty or cute, huhn?

I just love Kyle. Did anyone catch Lacey saying "man/child" to Tom and Tom saying "not after tonight"! LOL that was cute. Lacey acts kind of "out of control" to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,608,399 times
Here's my recap from last night - each couple had two dances. For the first dance, each star had to dance on his/her own for a bit.

Brandy/Maks - 1. Paso Doble, 2. Tango. The paso was good but not 'wow'. IMO she made the best start on her own. They got a 30 for their tango - deserved, IMO. She seemed very well rehearsed and natural - fluid.

Jen/Derek - 1. Cha cha cha, 2. Waltz. She got the best music of the night and a 30 for the cha, cha, cha. I didn't think it was perfect - you could see her thinking so at a lot of points she lacked the fluidity that Brandy showed in both of her dances. The waltz was smashing - Derek's choreography was 'wow'!

Bristol/Mark - 1. Paso Doble, 2. Waltz. The paso definitely was her best dance so far. Waltz was a big yawn. She's made progress but I had to wonder if Carrie Ann was scared Maks might win so laid it on super thick about how great Bri was last night. Then Len gushed about her waltz. Huh!? Do they forget what happened earlier when Odd got sent home too early?

Kyle/Lacey - 1. Samba, 2. Tango. 29 for the samba - if it was me, I'd have given Jen's chachacha a 29 and this samba a 28. The chachacha was better - just not perfect - IMO...yeah, ok, maybe I'm being picky. The tango ended on an uncomfortably dirty note lol. Season of the wet dream for poor Kyle.

Personalities and comments...

I'm liking Brandy's dancing a lot more than I expected to - she really stepped up. She's showing more emotion dancing also. On the other hand, personally she's pretty blah for an actual star - she doesn't stir much emotion.

Jen - I like her family and friends Her husband seems precious and I liked watching him in the New Adventures of Old Christine. I was so prepared to love her this season but now...not so much. I'll give her this much - she sure can act

Bristol - I was in her corner partly just to prove to myself that I could cut her some slack even though her mother is revolting. I wonder now how much they edited from her clips all season - because last night she really unloaded a lot of crap. She was swearing and snarky and a little too coached with that "I'm untouched and vulnerable" Untouched?! Did you really just say that? Oh and gag when she said about "God has a lot in store for me" Barf - manipulative much? Plus, the first section when everyone was talking for themselves about their lives...little Miss B gets a free plug from her mother! Then at the second set of clips, they repeated the same end of that Sarah Palin quote about "might as well dance"

Kyle - Len was too funny saying what he liked about Kyle is that there's no backstage drama - he just comes out and gets on with it Also Len's comment about "more bounce for the ounce"

I was fine with Bristol staying up to this point but she really needs to leave this week. It'll be a shame if she stays and Kyle leaves - I'm afraid that's what will happen and that, IMO, will be bullcrap. I'd like to see Brandi, Kyle, and Jen in the final and don't really care which wins...although, in a way, I don't want Jen to win because she's so damned annoying and not sure I could handle watching her theatrics

Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 AM

44,654 posts, read 61,707,500 times
This morning on Good Morning America they were talking about DWTS and mostly it was promoting Sarah Palin and Bristol. To much one sided pro Palin supporting this season. One wonders if this is more of a political show to promote the Palins than a (DWTS) entertainment show.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,207,308 times
Odd to have 3 perfect scores in one night I though also.

I liked Brandy a little bit better last night but still don't want her to win. In her cameo she said something about the public not letting her get past a fatal auto wreck she was in. It ended her career this DWTS is a rebirth for her career. Ahem I just have never thought she was that talented of a singer or actress. Maybe that is why your career ended Brandy.

If Bristol wins I hope everybody that says they won't watch it again does it. If she wins it is strictly political "who know you & what you can do for me". The new Sarah Palin show on Alaska was the largest viewing audience ever on TLC. So the voters are plenty to keep her in but don't the judges decide after the final 3 is picked?

I could watch Derek all day! Jen is good but I don't like the way she whines all season and now she has rebirth to new energy. Think maybe she likes the spotlight again no matter how she gets it. We'll see if after this if she starts showing up in tons of things eh?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,557,453 times
I actually like Bristol (despite who her mother happens to be) and I think that her dancing has been improving week-by-week. However, she is getting a lot of votes strictly because of "who her mother happens to be" and it will be a shame if she is in the final three simply because she is not a better dancer than the other remaining 3 celebs.

It also really bothers me when Bristol receives a "9" for a so-so performance and then Jennifer or Brandy also receive a "9" for a near perfect performance. Bristol's scores seem to be more ego boosters or encouragers then actual scores based soley on performance. She has come very far but its time for her to go home now. If she lands in the top 3 - we will all know the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Odd to have 3 perfect scores in one night I though also.

I liked Brandy a little bit better last night but still don't want her to win. In her cameo she said something about the public not letting her get past a fatal auto wreck she was in. It ended her career this DWTS is a rebirth for her career. Ahem I just have never thought she was that talented of a singer or actress. Maybe that is why your career ended Brandy.

If Bristol wins I hope everybody that says they won't watch it again does it. If she wins it is strictly political "who know you & what you can do for me". The new Sarah Palin show on Alaska was the largest viewing audience ever on TLC. So the voters are plenty to keep her in but don't the judges decide after the final 3 is picked?

I could watch Derek all day! Jen is good but I don't like the way she whines all season and now she has rebirth to new energy. Think maybe she likes the spotlight again no matter how she gets it. We'll see if after this if she starts showing up in tons of things eh?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,681,632 times
Bristol really needs to go home tonight, it is time.
She is neither a good dancer, nor entertaining.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
I don't blame Jennifer for getting a nose job. That nose was a honker.

I looked at both of her parents and thought, "Where did she get that nose?" Must have been a legacy from one of the grandparents.

Now, Bristol really needs to go tonight, if she doesn't, it will be a slap in the face to the others who are really dancing well. DWTS is a talent contest.......not a charity event.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:11 PM

107 posts, read 241,033 times
Bristol has overstayed by at least several weeks. I chalked a lot of why she's been consistently safe to 'she's a kid and everyone is giving her another chance', but she really turned me off with her negative comments last night. I'm guessing she didn't make any friends with her 'I'm not fake. I'm not Hollywood.' remarks and I was surprised to read that she told 'E' that Maks doesn't like her. IMO we're starting to see tidbits of the real Bristol and it's not the sweet girl we expected.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,741,966 times
Why don't they play some decent music? All of the Latin dances are using some sort of rap-pop crap. How about some Marc Anthony, Isidro Infante or Tony Vega? Oh well, maybe that will change after J-Lo arrives.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,608,399 times
Totally with ya Jaxson and Mist - looks like all of us are ready (or beyond ready) for Bristol to get the big B for boot!

Freefall
, is J-Lo dancing as a star in an upcoming season?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV