Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 07:21 AM

130 posts, read 122,553 times

Advertisements

new wine and coffee shop

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...bd55ed1ee.html

hope they are doing well, but that area close to UT doesn't seem very lucky other for the brewery

And the new starbuck on South Broadway is open
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 06:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
new wine and coffee shop

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...bd55ed1ee.html

hope they are doing well, but that area close to UT doesn't seem very lucky other for the brewery

And the new starbuck on South Broadway is open
Good luck to that coffee and wine shop!

I noticed the new Starbucks on South Broadway. I don't go to Starbucks often but apparently some people do!

Old 06-03-2022, 07:22 PM

3,895 posts, read 2,209,418 times
When the 49 tollway first opened locals complained about whether it was really needed because of low usage. Has it become a busier roadway as the suburban areas near there have grown? Is Lindale considered a suburb of Tyler?

Old 06-03-2022, 09:35 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,088,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
When the 49 tollway first opened locals complained about whether it was really needed because of low usage. Has it become a busier roadway as the suburban areas near there have grown? Is Lindale considered a suburb of Tyler?
Yep, Lindale is most definitely a suburb of Tyler. Tyler GAVE, yep, our brilliant mayor, and I suppose with the support of Tyler's city council some five to 10 years ago GAVE Lindale three of the four corners of I-20 and US. 69.

Tyler leaders in 1960s anticipated that one day that intersection would be valuable for Tyler. Tyler city council annexed just the Highway 69 itself from the main part of Tyler up, or North far enough that NO city other than Tyler could EVER have, control, or annex INTO Tyler's cities ETJ. (EXTRA Territorial Jurisdiction) STATE of TEXAS LAW.

This dumb mayor and council GAVE three high valued corners to Lindale to annex so Lindale could earn for their city, property taxes, how stupid of Tyler. The stated reason Tyler gave Lindale the corners, HE said WE, Tyler, HIM, wanted to, get ready, get set... We just want to be a good neighbor. I heard and saw this at a city council meeting on Suddenlink Cable, I thought I must have heard incorrectly, but nope.

So yes, Lindale can't come any closer to Tyler than they are, Tyler and any Texas city over 100,000 pop control five miles beyond their city limits. 50,000 to 100,000 population controls, Longview, by law control 3 1/2 miles beyond their city limits.

While he was giving up part of Tyler's future, he also gave, get this, Chandler, Bullard, and Whitehouse many square miles of Tyler's ETJ. I guess he's playing Jacks and just wants to be fair, lol.

I would need to look this up, but this occurred maybe some 5 - 10 years ago. Martin Heins, what a crappy mayor. And, this man, is IN real estate, can you believe it? All the cities in the DFW metro literally FIGHT over whose ETJ's area belong to who, not whom. lol You should see an outline of the city limits of each town in the DFW areas. Some city limits just look like a spider web. Many city limit lines, just follow down highways, just the highway itself is annexed but in so doing the city controls left and right up to 5 miles, if they don't run into an area already annexed by another city.

I know, more than you EVER wanted to know. All this was once, not now, a hobby of mine, watching planning and zoning on the cable. Yes, I know, I know, I REALLY don't have a life, yep, sure looks that way, right?

Oh, the other part of your question, comment. The toll 49 traffic counts for the first three years that I heard about were very much ABOVE or estimated, or expected, like by the thousands of transactions. Their traffic counts are made or totaled by each payment along the toll road. Like, you get on for a quarter of a mile and get off, that counts as one. They were underestimated by the thousands, I don't really remember. I don't know that I could find the numbers if I tried.

What is important, IMHO, is authorities have added enough passing lanes that the number of fatal wrecks has largely been reduced, in the last several years. Most wrecks were bad, with head-on or near head-on accidents being the norm, really IMHO, they should only build four-lane divided highways as toll roads, I was surprised to see Toll 49 was just two lanes.

Last edited by Mark Senior; 06-03-2022 at 09:44 PM..

Old 06-05-2022, 04:03 PM

566 posts, read 391,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I can't believe you really asked that question. Edom, Chandler, Coffee City, and etc are examples that are suburbs of Tyler.

Old 06-05-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Yep, Lindale is most definitely a suburb of Tyler. Tyler GAVE, yep, our brilliant mayor, and I suppose with the support of Tyler's city council some five to 10 years ago GAVE Lindale three of the four corners of I-20 and US. 69.

Tyler leaders in 1960s anticipated that one day that intersection would be valuable for Tyler. Tyler city council annexed just the Highway 69 itself from the main part of Tyler up, or North far enough that NO city other than Tyler could EVER have, control, or annex INTO Tyler's cities ETJ. (EXTRA Territorial Jurisdiction) STATE of TEXAS LAW.

This dumb mayor and council GAVE three high valued corners to Lindale to annex so Lindale could earn for their city, property taxes, how stupid of Tyler. The stated reason Tyler gave Lindale the corners, HE said WE, Tyler, HIM, wanted to, get ready, get set... We just want to be a good neighbor. I heard and saw this at a city council meeting on Suddenlink Cable, I thought I must have heard incorrectly, but nope.

So yes, Lindale can't come any closer to Tyler than they are, Tyler and any Texas city over 100,000 pop control five miles beyond their city limits. 50,000 to 100,000 population controls, Longview, by law control 3 1/2 miles beyond their city limits.

While he was giving up part of Tyler's future, he also gave, get this, Chandler, Bullard, and Whitehouse many square miles of Tyler's ETJ. I guess he's playing Jacks and just wants to be fair, lol.

I would need to look this up, but this occurred maybe some 5 - 10 years ago. Martin Heins, what a crappy mayor. And, this man, is IN real estate, can you believe it? All the cities in the DFW metro literally FIGHT over whose ETJ's area belong to who, not whom. lol You should see an outline of the city limits of each town in the DFW areas. Some city limits just look like a spider web. Many city limit lines, just follow down highways, just the highway itself is annexed but in so doing the city controls left and right up to 5 miles, if they don't run into an area already annexed by another city.

I know, more than you EVER wanted to know. All this was once, not now, a hobby of mine, watching planning and zoning on the cable. Yes, I know, I know, I REALLY don't have a life, yep, sure looks that way, right?

Oh, the other part of your question, comment. The toll 49 traffic counts for the first three years that I heard about were very much ABOVE or estimated, or expected, like by the thousands of transactions. Their traffic counts are made or totaled by each payment along the toll road. Like, you get on for a quarter of a mile and get off, that counts as one. They were underestimated by the thousands, I don't really remember. I don't know that I could find the numbers if I tried.

What is important, IMHO, is authorities have added enough passing lanes that the number of fatal wrecks has largely been reduced, in the last several years. Most wrecks were bad, with head-on or near head-on accidents being the norm, really IMHO, they should only build four-lane divided highways as toll roads, I was surprised to see Toll 49 was just two lanes.
Sir I wouldn't say that you don't have a life, lol! I keep with a lot of what's going on in my adopted city of Temple/Belton. I'm a Texarkana native but I love Tyler and always love hearing about the growth in Tyler.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:21 AM

New apartments in downtown Tyler are expected to be completed by August.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/the-morr...44a46e168.html

Old 06-07-2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
I can't believe you really asked that question. Edom, Chandler, Coffee City, and etc are examples that are suburbs of Tyler.
I asked a genuine question. I'm not from the area although I've been there many times in the past for medical treatment. Anyway, I got the answer to my question regarding Lindale and loop 49. Even though I no longer live in East Texas I still like coming to this forum to see what's going on. Hope you guys have a great day.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:57 PM

The new Rose Complex has a name. A name that this community and area is very familiar with.

https://www.ketk.com/news/local-news...erence-center/

Old 06-09-2022, 12:53 PM

City of Tyler approves $1.5 million dollars for the restoration of the Mayfair building.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ty...5ed90de9b.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler