Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 10:19 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times

Advertisements

Looking for an article about Tyler, Lubbuck, Fort Worth were going to in a "history channel" or some other channel report. I thought one of the T.V. stations reported this, this week? Anyone know?

Found this, I think already reported: if not

The Original Pancake House brings new breakfast options to Tyler - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 06:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Well, we're lagging behind, but my husband and I went to Jack Ryan's last night for the first time and LOVED it. What a beautifully restored building and what a pleasant atmosphere! Not to mention great food.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:02 AM

Ouch, different than what was released March 1, 2018

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...f703aa44f.html

Earlier it was stated that only expected 100 plus employees to "take" the voluntary early retirement or reduction in force. NOT that a total of 400 employees would lose their current positions. He also stated, many of those would be hired BACK, stating "we will need some of those employee". Oh, well, to bad for the job loses. They have "grand" hopes for future for the facility out on Highway 271.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Ouch, different than what was released March 1, 2018

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...f703aa44f.html

Earlier it was stated that only expected 100 plus employees to "take" the voluntary early retirement or reduction in force. NOT that a total of 400 employees would lose their current positions. He also stated, many of those would be hired BACK, stating "we will need some of those employee". Oh, well, to bad for the job loses. They have "grand" hopes for future for the facility out on Highway 271.
What I read didn't state that 400 employees would be laid off. It stated that 400 employees would experience some job changes - some would be laid off and others would be relocated, reassigned, etc.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What I read didn't state that 400 employees would be laid off. It stated that 400 employees would experience some job changes - some would be laid off and others would be relocated, reassigned, etc.

Yes you are correct. The first post on line about this stated what I wrote. Later at night, the paper "updated" the article I had read. I looked for it to post here, but both articles are not showing at this moment on the Tyler Paper website. Only "this" still shows showing 400 to be laid off, upper right corner.

I guess the paper got some "feed back" from UT about what was first posted.

I hoped all those people would not lose their jobs.

https://www.tylerpaper.com/

Old 03-23-2018, 07:50 PM

February Job Comparisons for Texas Metro Areas - Not really development news, but IMO related, employment growth numbers...

http://www.tracer2.com/admin/uploade...sa_ranking.pdf Just available today from the Texas Workforce Commissions monthly report.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:33 PM

566 posts, read 391,069 times
https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ty...f030cbb22.html
I already knew the hotel and conference center in South Tyler wouldn't happen. The city can't tell no business how to run their business. I knew nobody in their right mind would let Tyler dictate how many rooms they could have.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:49 PM

After 25 years of planning, as the article pointed out, I believe it could take another 25 years if ever. IMHO, this is the WRONG place, yes WEST TYLER could be "good" spot, but everything around this is decaying. Yes, they are to "do something" with this area, the current fair grounds and Harvey Hall already, those plans revealed last year or before. THOSE plans, IMHO, might very well work.

A major brand hotel, NOT, in that area. Also you NEED far more than 20,000 sq. ft., that's the undersized "size" on the current Harvey Convention Center. Which is to be possibly "torn" down, but rebuilt to the same size in the general area it is in now.

The Tourist and Convention Center has stated, for at least 10 years, that I PERSONALLY am aware of, that the city losses, at least 20,000 convention "NIGHTS" per year due to lack of a LARGER convention center. Meaning, where one larger group than the capacity now, can meet in the SAME building, at the same time. Come on city leaders, even the proposal for South Tyler, that the city spent a LARGE amount on money on the "study" was for only 20,000 sq. ft. even Longview's current Maud Caude Center is larger than the current and proposed facilities in Tyler? Go the heck and figure that one out?

Tyler as you can see by my largely very positive posts on the city, on occasion, simple does not "get it". NO, lol, from me on this one. I'm pretty frustrated. I did not KNOW the South Broadway plan took a "fatal death" an entire year ago. City staring over a year later, now that is a LOL.

And when are they going to do something about the new fair grounds, which the East Texas Fair is suppose to move to ONE DAY, clock is ticking on that one. There is a deadline for the fair to move. Yes there was land given or purchased for the move many years ago, 10?

Oh, well as I said before Tyler is overall a great place to live, I'm staying here, but sometimes?

Old 03-27-2018, 10:36 PM

cbs19.tv | The East Texas State Fair planning to move

Old 03-28-2018, 07:18 AM

cbs19.tv | New convention center proposed by City of Tyler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler