Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 06:48 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,123,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
So you think Russia is our #1 threat against our democracy and liberties?

I can see the thousands of Puerto Ricans with no power, no jobs and millions in the island with no voice or representation blaming Putin for their situation....lol
Yes I do, and furthermore I think Russia is a threat to 75 years of European peace. Trump effectively gave Putin a green light to meddle in the Balkans (ie: Montenegro) or invade one of the Baltic countries and/or Ukraine when he agreed with Tucker Carlson's asinine "Why should my son die for Montengero?" line.

In the fall of 1939 many Frenchmen and women were saying "Why should my son die for Danzig?". Guess what? In 7 months their sons were dying in Arras and Saumur anyways. Over 80,000 of them to be exact. Perhaps they should have confronted the Germans in Danzig instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,288,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Yes I do, and furthermore I think Russia is a threat to 75 years of European peace. Trump effectively gave Putin a green light to meddle in the Balkans (ie: Montenegro) or invade one of the Baltic countries and/or Ukraine when he agreed with Tucker Carlson's asinine "Why should my son die for Montengero?" line.

In the fall of 1939 many Frenchmen and women were saying "Why should my son die for Danzig?". Guess what? In 7 months their sons were dying in Arras and Saumur anyways. Over 80,000 of them to be exact. Perhaps they should have confronted the Germans in Danzig instead.

LMAO!!!! Did Russia start WW 1 and WW 2? NO!....you know the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991? right? What is the need for NATO? ......NATO was created after WW 2 to stop Stalin and Soviet expansion to the west. Stalin is dead and the Soviet Union no longer exist. So why is the U.S.spending billions of dollars a year for decades for most of the defense of Europe is beyond me?

Why do we need over 800 military bases in 80 countries is beyond me.....I'm a veteran and pro-military but that is just ridiculous when we need to invest here and also pay down our national debt.

How is Russia a threat to Europe?......the GDP of the European Union is 17,308,862 trillion a year (#2 in the world, U.S. #1) ......Russia is 1,527,469 trillion (#12 in the world) behind Canada, Italy, Brazil, and India.

Maybe those European countries should raise their defense spending to 4% of their GDP and don't rely so much on the American taxpayers to pay for most of their defense while they get to keep their GDP in their own countries and we need to invest so much here for our citizens. No wonder they have so much "free" stuff for their citizens, we Americans pay for most of their defense.

Trump asks them to all pay 4% of their GDP since most of them are hardly paying 1.5% and they are all whining and that Trump is doing Putin's bidding to destroy NATO so Russia can take over Europe....that sounds ignorant.

Obama complained about NATO too and demanded of them to pay 2% of their GDP for their defense that as of today most European countries aren't honoring and Trump comes in and tells them they should pay 4% of their GDP for their own defense so the American taxpayers don't have to carry most of the expense and we scale back in endless occupations and they attack Trump for that.

Why we still have Americans troops in Germany, Japan, and South Korea and many parts of Europe and Asia is beyond me.....that cost billions of dollars a year and we have been doing it for over 70 years.

Those countries are doing pretty good in their GDP's and economies to pay for most of their defense.

explain to me how Trump gave the "green light" to invade another country? please be serious.......and by the way, any country in the world that we have NO interest and doesn't affect us we must send American troops and spend revenues and die because they have a conflict with another nation?

you must be for endless wars and endless occupations and be the police of the world.....I'm not and Trump isn't.

China is the real major threat to us.....because of the debt we owe them, how they control the special interests in our politics that got us into bad trade deals with them that has hurt the middle class and wages and how many politicians in the U.S. and their special interests are on the payroll of Chinese interests.

China is going to surpass the U.S.A in GDP and they have the biggest Army in the world and that is the country that has spied and stolen our technology and data for their benefit but Russia is our real threat? LOL

Last edited by Hellion1999; 07-19-2018 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories