Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 03:02 PM

21 posts, read 104,621 times

Advertisements

I missed my deadline to file a claim for a week of which i followed all requirements of the job searching. But when she asked me for the job requisition numbers i drew a blank. I stopped listing those a long time ago since many jobs i apply for dont have them, as i dug into some of the older jobs i applied to some did, but also many did not.

So she called me on that and said i could be denied and if audited i would not pass. I got a bit nervous and told her i would gladly go re-pull the data and get those numbers whenever possible. I asked "so am i going to be audited now that you list this" she said not necessarily.

I am now kind of bummed out, I did go back 3 months and pulled all the numbers that were available and listed N/A for those that did not have one. WOndering if i should go back even further? If they deny that particular claim can i re-submit with the correct info? They sure do make you nervous on those calls.

I missed my claim due to being out of the county, I noted that I qualified for the week i was claiming but would not be submitting a claim for the following week due to that.

I am very close to not claiming benefits anymore (guilt, tired of the process, there are no jobs) but a part of me says why do that... my company put me in this position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 03:06 PM

621 posts, read 2,331,244 times
job requisition numbers? When i apply for a job or submit a resume, I get a thank you for applying email. Nor does my work log sheet ask for it. What state are you in OP?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 PM

State of WA. Thats the thing, many do have email resume thing. But some when you go to the website and such will have a number attached. I stopped since it was 50-50 if one was even listed.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:12 PM

Ive never even seen any numbers. Most of my searches is done through monster and career builder, i've checked my history and see no numbers. I also go to various NJ contractor websites and email them my resume. I save all my emailed resume too. i also keep a detailed master log.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
Ive never even seen any numbers. Most of my searches is done through monster and career builder, i've checked my history and see no numbers. I also go to various NJ contractor websites and email them my resume. I save all my emailed resume too. i also keep a detailed master log.

dont sweat it the main thing is to never do anything where you trigger that u need to call in or receive a call. I guess i will see what happens.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 PM

I know when applying for state or federal jobs, they do have job numbers. I guess job search information varies state by state

Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM

I just finished updating req numbers all the way back to January 1. If that does not cover any questions that may come up not sure what will. I am still wondering if they deny this claim (lack of ref code) will i have a chance to update it. Everything else seemed smooth she said I can file after the 16th since i noted i was out of town for the prior week, i thought they sometimes stopped your claim if you skipped a week like that.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:43 PM

only took one day but they approved the claim for the week i didnt file on time for. Now i am not sure as to if i file for the week i was on vacation and just select "no" under available for work. That was i can file for the weeks after online with no pauses or hiccups.... anyone know?

Also i wonder if i am sure to be audited after the answers i gave the worker, time will tell but the approval after one day was suprising.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM

210 posts, read 210,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
job requisition numbers? When i apply for a job or submit a resume, I get a thank you for applying email. Nor does my work log sheet ask for it. What state are you in OP?
never heard of requisition numbers to be honest

Old 04-13-2011, 04:16 PM

210 posts, read 210,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synch77 View Post
only took one day but they approved the claim for the week i didnt file on time for. Now i am not sure as to if i file for the week i was on vacation and just select "no" under available for work. That was i can file for the weeks after online with no pauses or hiccups.... anyone know?

Also i wonder if i am sure to be audited after the answers i gave the worker, time will tell but the approval after one day was suprising.
never Say no for available to work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment