Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM

20 posts, read 92,827 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been "randomly selected" to attend the mandatory reemployment services? How long is it? Is this only for the 1st 6 months,or can you be selected when you are on EUC or EB ? What if you live outside of NJ? (I live in PA) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 PM

625 posts, read 3,641,092 times
Default I was randomly selected

I had to attend and I have only been collecting a few weeks. I was told it is required that you attend or they will halt your unemployment.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:03 AM

516 posts, read 1,351,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williedynamite View Post
Has anyone been "randomly selected" to attend the mandatory reemployment services? How long is it? Is this only for the 1st 6 months,or can you be selected when you are on EUC or EB ? What if you live outside of NJ? (I live in PA) Thanks!
Yes, you have to attend the reemployment service on the day they ask you to. It's not long, but they do document your information and that you attended the meeting.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:38 PM

20 posts, read 92,827 times
Oh,OK Thanks! That was my other question,is it just one day? I thought that I read somewhere that if you live outside of NJ (I live in PA) that you could attend such a course at your home state's center in lieu of the NJ location.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM

516 posts, read 1,351,835 times
Quote:
Oh,OK Thanks! That was my other question,is it just one day? I thought that I read somewhere that if you live outside of NJ (I live in PA) that you could attend such a course at your home state's center in lieu of the NJ location.
Try calling them (the NJ office) and see if they can make arrangements for you. There should be a phone number on your paperwork.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 PM

360 posts, read 1,021,330 times
Quote:

Randomly selected? I thought everyone who lived in NJ had to attend this. They CAN halt your unemployment if you don't attend though in some cases that I know of they don't actually DO (but why take the risk?) Upside if it's the same thing I'm thinking of you can go to whatever office is closest to you and still get credit for attending and they have sessions most days so you can typically just walk in on a different day at a different location if it's more convenient for you. Call the closest one-stop in NJ to you to check though - I'm surprised they make out of state residents go since most of the enhanced services ABT, tuition waivers, etc are only for NJ residents.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 15,511 times
I am scheduled to attend the reemployment orientation on August 3. I have not received benefits at all for the month of July and when I claim it says I am getting credit for claiming but my claim is not payable. The last time I got paid was for the last week of June. Does anyone know if they will back pay me once I go to the meeting?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 AM

25,600 posts, read 56,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramapo09 View Post
I am scheduled to attend the reemployment orientation on August 3. I have not received benefits at all for the month of July and when I claim it says I am getting credit for claiming but my claim is not payable. The last time I got paid was for the last week of June. Does anyone know if they will back pay me once I go to the meeting?
When does your benefit year expire? Sounds to me like you are past year benefit year end and need to recertify your claim. Call or visit NJ to recertify if that is the case.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 PM

25 posts, read 73,033 times
Default mandatory meeting nevada

I was sent a letter to my brothers address in Nevada today. But, with perfect timing I moved all my stuff to my sisters in California. I was going to update my address this week when I claimed. what luck! Can i attend in California or am I screwd long trip back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment