Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM

59 posts, read 104,684 times

Advertisements

(in Oklahoma). I've been on unemployment benefits for 47 weeks with counting the waiting period. I should be starting tier 2 next week. I haven't gotten any work during this entire period. I had one interview without an outcome of me having a job or getting to work. I don't know; any thoughts on what could happen with my ub? It runs out in December but my tier 2 won't be over before that due date. I read that I'll probably need to open/do another claim. I've been reading this morning and read how a new claim doesn't mean that a person could get the same amount of money that they were with their first claim. With what I've said above, about not having worked and everything, do you think I'll get the same amount as I am now? I guess I'm just a little worried. I know one thing's for sure, I still haven't been able to figure out why I can't get more than one interview. I haven't lied on any applications or anything. Can someone really be honest on their applications and not get work/at least an interview?:/ lol. Thanks for your time, as always. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
If you haven't worked, you will recertify your old claim (call Oklahoma on your bye) and be paid the same benefit amount, continuing on Tier 2. As you probably know, after Tier 2 is exhausted, there are no further benefits available at this time in Oklahoma due to its low unemployment rate.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM

That's the second time I've seen 'bye', what is that?:/. Thanks for the information, that makes me feel some better: ). Yeah, I've heard about tier 2 and after for Oklahoma:/.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysspunk View Post
That's the second time I've seen 'bye', what is that?
Benefit year end.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Oh duh me:/ thanks: ).

Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysspunk View Post
(in Oklahoma). I've been on unemployment benefits for 47 weeks with counting the waiting period. I should be starting tier 2 next week. I haven't gotten any work during this entire period. I had one interview without an outcome of me having a job or getting to work. I don't know; any thoughts on what could happen with my ub? It runs out in December but my tier 2 won't be over before that due date. I read that I'll probably need to open/do another claim. I've been reading this morning and read how a new claim doesn't mean that a person could get the same amount of money that they were with their first claim. With what I've said above, about not having worked and everything, do you think I'll get the same amount as I am now? I guess I'm just a little worried. I know one thing's for sure, I still haven't been able to figure out why I can't get more than one interview. I haven't lied on any applications or anything. Can someone really be honest on their applications and not get work/at least an interview?:/ lol. Thanks for your time, as always. I really appreciate it.
Yes, being honest may not get you a job, and I was recently reminded of this from an employer-poster here. If your work history isn't verifiable due to the employer being "out of business," they just think you made it all up. If it's not that, it's the stigma of not being currently employed.

Just a sad lose-lose situation!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 AM

I've always thought for the last 3/4 months that it might be the last job that I had. They went under new everything, bosses, ownership and such, but I don't know. -still trying though, with the applications and jobs and everything:/. Thanks for your words Wannabee: ).

Old 11-27-2011, 12:57 AM

Around two weeks ago I went and got an application(a long with many others). The boss lady seemed really happy about it or such. I turned in that one around five or so days later(when I could get back there again), to that same boss lady. She seemed really happy about it again and said how she'd call my references and get back to me. A week(today, Sunday the 27th of 11, 2011) later and I haven't heard anything. I was really honest on this application at that:/..: shrugs :..I really don't know. I thought maybe she was waiting until after the holidays(which she still could be lol), and that maybe I'd get an interview last Friday(the day after Thanksgiving). I didn't though. I'm still a little thinking that she might be waiting until after the holidays as in until this coming up Monday(tomorrow), or next week or so but who knows. I still have faith though, thank goodness.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM

Just an update, 12/04/2011 and still haven't heard anything from that work place:/. I was rereading some of the stuff in here and maybe I'm not getting any interview's because of that last place I worked, which I've said but possibly they might be saying I never worked there sense I haven't worked there with Them; if so, oh God help me:/.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:12 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
It may be also be that hundreds have applied for the same job and there was a better candidate, or a candidate willing to work for much less money. There could be a dozen other reasons that have nothing to do with the last place you worked.

Suppose 100 people apply for a job that pays 10./hour and 20 get called to interview for it in person. After the interviews, they are considering 5 of the people. A background check, or bad references can weed some of these people out, and now there are 3 good candidates left. The one with the most experience, and most recently employed in that field, who isn't asking for much pay will be the one the job is offered to.

Additionally, the 80 they didn't interview probably never received an acknowledgment, and the 15 they weren't interested in probably weren't called back either, along with the 2 that didn't pass for other reasons.

No matter how nice or excited a "boss lady" might seem to you, she is also being equally nice to other applicants. She wants you to think that you might get the job because she hasn't seen the rest of the applicants, and only after she does see them, will she know how you rate in comparison and if you are even being considered.

Sad but true.

Unfortunately you must apply at hundreds of jobs these days just to get one! Every job search starts and ends like this (the amount of NO's will vary.)

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, YES."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment