Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 AM

98 posts, read 847,851 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker for a few months and have found this place to be an invaluable source of info, so thanks to you all and especially Ariadne for helping me piece together the answers to most of the questions I have had in this frustrating time.

I know a lot of people wonder about what happens at their b.y.e...well, in my case (CA) it has been pretty seamless, knock on wood. My b.y.e. was April 14th, I sent in my claim form for my usual tier 2 benefits the next day, and in 3 days I had my money, also after one week I had an email answering one I had sent the EDD, saying they automatically filed a new claim for me April 15, denied it due to my not having worked the entire benefit year, and that I would continue on my extensions. My claim form arrived that same day.

My question is: I have been receiving the usual "confusing correspondence" from the claim that was denied, including the determination of award letter and handbook. I ignored those, as I knew they were not valid. However, I expect I will also receive the letter telling me to register with CalJobs in 21 days since the computer thought I was filing a new claim. I already have an account with CalJobs, of course, and log in every week.

Does anyone know if I would have to "re-register" with them since the year is up ( my log-in and password still work) or would that be only for if I was starting a new claim instead of my extensions. Thanks in advance, I tried to search the forum but couldn't find an exact answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 8,000 times
I just asked these same questions yesterday and i got 0 responses so far, missmaggiec
section 1277 notice

Old 04-29-2012, 03:05 PM

Does anyone who has been through their BYE in CA know the answer? _mArs_ and I would appreciate it

Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Mars question is NOT yours and totally unrelated to registering on CalJobs. Read her linked post. I don't know the answer to why CA didn't check that box, thus have not answered it.

In your case, you are asking about reregistering. Since you are continuing on your original claim and you are already registered for that original claim and, since CA has not informed you that you need to register again, you should be fine. On the other hand, if you want to reregister and it can done in a simple stand-alone process which does not affect your computerized claim in any way, there should be no harm in doing so.

That said, I would not reregister if CA has not specifically told you to do so. When it comes to computers, keeping it simple is always the best policy.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 PM

8 posts, read 15,675 times
I have not re-registered on CalJobs since my bye in January 2012 and have been fine. Still check CalJobs every week with the same ID/password that I used when I first registered in January 2011.

Yes EDD did send another Handbook

The way they explained it to me is that they would file a new claim. That new claim would be invalid since I have not worked since I was laid off, then I would be put back on the Federal Extensions for the original claim.

Just FYI, the 2nd Fed Extension is confusing. EDD website says 14 weeks, but it is actually EUX of 13 weeks + 1 week of EUY. So you will get 12 - 2wk payments, then 1 week (last one of EUX), then another form saying they automatically filed another extension for you (the 1 week of EUY), then the 1 week payment for that week.

Last edited by cflutist; 04-29-2012 at 10:57 PM..

Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 PM

Thanks Ariadne and cflutist for your replies. Ariadne, I agree and can totally see how keeping it simple is best, wouldn't want to "double up" on anything and muck things up! And cflutist, thanks for that info about the 14 weeks, I was a little confused when I saw the dollar amount on my extension and it only added up to 13 weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment