Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,004 times

Advertisements

I dont know if this thread is still open but I received a Notice of Determination of Invalid Claim as the previous poster did asking me for earnings in order to qualify for my unemployment benefits.

I don;t understand this at all. Im actively seeking work and have received one extension so far. I don;t see how I am supposed to earn more than my benefit amounts to receive my benefits. I have no income and I haven't misrepresented myself in any way.

I received a very brief phone call from an EDD agent who said I was eligible until December 2013. So far, I don;t believe ive recieved anything for May at all, and I am not receiving claim forms.

Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 03:31 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianHF View Post
I dont know if this thread is still open but I received a Notice of Determination of Invalid Claim as the previous poster did asking me for earnings in order to qualify for my unemployment benefits.

I received a very brief phone call from an EDD agent who said I was eligible until December 2013. So far, I don;t believe ive recieved anything for May at all, and I am not receiving claim forms.
This is a standard form letter CA sends out at your bye if you haven't worked since you first filed for benefits - or when you've exhausted your benefits and CA tries to establish another claim for you.

You do NOT need a new claim to continue on federal extension benefits.

How can you not know if you "received anything for May at all?"

Do you mean you haven't been paid since April?

Unless you've exhausted all state and federal extension benefits - which would mean you had a small claim - CA should be sending you claim forms.

Also, get out your original Notice of UI Award from CA. It will list your monetary determination, weekly benefit, benefit-year end, and quarters of earnings used for your base year. If you can provide that information, we can tell you if your benefits - state and federal - have been exhausted.

Or, call CA and ask where your CC (continuing claim) forms are so you can get your money. Good tips in the last couple of pages, here:

Tips for getting through to a live body @ California EDD

Call tomorrow before 8 a.m. You will get through. Let us know what they say.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 05-28-2013 at 03:40 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 5,346 times
Hello,

I received the same mentioned form above, but my situation is tricky. I landed a job Sept 17, 2013 and wanted to claim wages online with EDD Webcert. I didnt know I could not do that and so it asked me to send in the paper form. Well I didnt have that either, so I requested another paper form online and I havent seen one since. I requested it twice. Now I received this "invalid claim 1277." I am not sure what I do. I was let go from the job I was at because I was told I was "not a good fit" but I was paid for three weeks worth of work. I am not sure what to do in this case. I dont know where to report my wages and keep my UI benefits. Please any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimon123 View Post
Hello,

I received the same mentioned form above, but my situation is tricky. I landed a job Sept 17, 2013 and wanted to claim wages online with EDD Webcert. I didnt know I could not do that and so it asked me to send in the paper form. Well I didnt have that either, so I requested another paper form online and I havent seen one since. I requested it twice. Now I received this "invalid claim 1277." I am not sure what I do. I was let go from the job I was at because I was told I was "not a good fit" but I was paid for three weeks worth of work. I am not sure what to do in this case. I dont know where to report my wages and keep my UI benefits. Please any help would be appreciated.
If you got a 1277 letter, chances are your earlier claim has expired and needs to be recertified. CA is in a computer black hole these days. Requesting a claim form online is akin to doing nothing.

You need to call CA and speak to a rep. Read last few pages of each of these threads to determine the best number for you.

Tips for getting through to a live body @ California EDD

CA delayed payments?

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-07-2013 at 06:28 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 10:14 AM

I have another question, I only worked at this job for about 2.5 weeks and of course had to claim my wages for that time. I was let go because they said I was "Not a good fit" for the position and they decided to let me go. I wasn't selling enough, so my question to you is, will my benefits still be in effect or am i ineligible. I know if you have been let go or fired you are still able to receive unemployment because I did not leave on my own accord but I wasn't let go either for misconduct like being tardy or stealing. What are your thoughts on this?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimon123 View Post
I have another question, I only worked at this job for about 2.5 weeks and of course had to claim my wages for that time. I was let go because they said I was "Not a good fit" for the position and they decided to let me go. I wasn't selling enough, so my question to you is, will my benefits still be in effect
Not a good fit/failure to meet quota will not cause you to be denied.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:21 AM

Ariadne22

THank you for all the great information. I wanted to ask you another question. Since I was let go from my last employer I received the extension of Benefits from my previous employer and then they sent me Unemployment insurance claim filed papers. The information on the new claim is wrong: I was let go on October 2 and not September 20 and the reason for my release is also invalid. Now I called and got through to tell them the information was wrong but they said I would correct this information on my phone interview which is on November 8th! Is this correct? she said she can or doesnt have the authority to change anything.

Also. I have been certifying my claims vis edd webcert and I have not received anything in regards to payments although I have been able to certify online. Is this because of the little time I worked and now they are holding everything and waiting until my interview again? Will I get back paid for the weeks I wasnt working? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:18 PM

You won't receive any payments until after your interview.

Also, you had another claim which expired in September, did you not?

What was the actual bye date of that claim?

CA is now reopening the claim which expired and was recertified at your bye in September which may be why all the dates are wrong. Don't even try to figure out a rational reason for this. Correct the information at your interview.

Because you were terminated, an interview is required before you can resume EUC benefits on the first claim.

Wait for your interview.

CA continues to be a computer black hole. Others claiming regularly have no claim options on webcert at the moment. If you are still able to claim, consider yourself fortunate.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:59 PM

52 posts, read 101,781 times
Default Uh-oh, re-enroll in Cal Jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
You need to reenroll in CalJobs because you are beginning a new benefit year.

You are beginning a new benefit year - CA wants to reinterview you.
I'm starting a new benefit year on Tier 3, but haven't received a letter telling me to re-enroll in Cal Jobs. Should I wait until I receive the letter? I know people can be denied benefits for not enrolling in Cal Jobs so I'm afraid to mess with my status. I am currently enrolled for my old benefit year and I update my resume and do job searches on the site regularly. I'm worried that with California's processes such a mess they may not realize they haven't sent me a letter telling me to re-enroll and might just automatically penalize me. Should I re-enroll now, or not mess with it?

Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoffschein View Post
I'm starting a new benefit year on Tier 3, but haven't received a letter telling me to re-enroll in Cal Jobs. Should I wait until I receive the letter? I know people can be denied benefits for not enrolling in Cal Jobs so I'm afraid to mess with my status. I am currently enrolled for my old benefit year and I update my resume and do job searches on the site regularly. I'm worried that with California's processes such a mess they may not realize they haven't sent me a letter telling me to re-enroll and might just automatically penalize me. Should I re-enroll now, or not mess with it?
When did you open your claim?
Have you been working while claiming?

Continuing on w/Tier 3 and new benefit year are oxymorons unless you have reverted to Tier 3 under a second claim.

You don't need to do anything more than update your resume as you've been doing all along. Even if you have a new claim, keep updating. That's good enough.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-28-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment