Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 03:19 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times

Advertisements

This wasn't a hearing. This is what's called the phone interview. In a real hearing, there is a judge/referee, you, and the employer all on the phone at the same time.

This is just the first level, and if denied benefits, you get another chance to do a better job if what you said doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 AM

104 posts, read 312,957 times
Well here is the latest, the phone hearing was on Thursday of last week. After I was done the interviewer said he would call my employer now and he would call me back if they said anything too different from what I said.
They never called back

I just checked this morning and my claim says Pended. I called one of the numbers and the lady told me no decision has been made yet, she told me it might be because they are waiting on a response from your employer who probably did not answer the phone the day they called. Here are my questions

1- IS the lady telling me the truth or just lying because she does not want to get into it with me on the phone?

2- If she is right then by them not answering the phone should they not just go off my testimony?

3- If I was going to win could they not have just approved me right away?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Like I said before. You have NOT had a hearing. This is a phone interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvdar View Post
1- IS the lady telling me the truth or just lying because she does not want to get into it with me on the phone?
She's telling the truth. The employer gets to tell their side of the story.

Quote:
2- If she is right then by them not answering the phone should they not just go off my testimony??
No. You didn't testify to anything. You weren't in a hearing setting, and you weren't under oath. The employer is going to get a minimum of 10 days or more to be able to tell their side of the story.

Quote:
3- If I was going to win could they not have just approved me right away?
They haven't heard what your employer has to say yet. They don't know if you'll get benefits yet or not. You're still in the initial fact finding stage.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:20 PM

hey all , it has been 6 business days since my phone hearing and my claim status still says pended and no money has been put in my account , should I take that as i did not win my hearing and a letter is probably on the way or does pended mean no decision has been made yet ? Hate to worry but if I have to appeal with how long it takes I might lose everything

Old 09-21-2013, 05:17 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
hey all , it has been 6 business days since my phone hearing and my claim status still says pended and no money has been put in my account , should I take that as i did not win my hearing and a letter is probably on the way or does pended mean no decision has been made yet ?
You were already given your answers, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndTiggerToo View Post
TSo you are aware, the hearing is on 9-12-13. NJ has 10 days in which they can make a ruling and I have never once heard of a ruling in ANY state going through on the day of the interview...if for no reason other than a paperwork queue that it enters in order to be processed. Realistically, if approved after the 9-12-13 phone interview, it is the 22nd or so before you will get benefits
And, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
The employer is going to get a minimum of 10 days or more to be able to tell their side of the story.
Check your online status tomorrow. That might give you a clue. If still pending, call NJ next week about status. NJ is usually pretty quick with its determinations. It's only been 9 calendar days. You're expecting too much.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:05 PM

I will but can you confirm if pended means no decision yet ?

I am losing sleep over this crap

Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM

I must say this system needs to change , when someone gets let go they should get unemployment until the employer can prove otherwise , letting an employer get 10 days to respond when we get 15 minutes and then letting them claim misconduct and give statements is bad , they are rich they should have to fight to not pay not us fight to get paid

Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM

I think the question I am asking is being worded wrong.

What I am asking is this. My claim shows Pended. IF I was going to get a letter in the mail stating I lost my phone hearing and need to appeal. Would under claim status the word pended change to something else. Basically meaning I would know I lost the phone hearing before I even got the letter by checking the status? Or does the word pended stay up there at all times when a claim is not being paid?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:30 AM

No has ever reported one way or the other. Everyone is quick to ask what does "pended" mean, but they never report back what it changes to when it ultimately gets approved or denied.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 PM

Well i will let you know when I find out. Been 9 business days since my phone hearing and it still says pending and I still have no response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment