Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 AM

32 posts, read 72,630 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'm new to this but I recently got this letter and it has been stressing me out. I'm in the state of California btw.

So here's my story, I have been receiving edd benefits for almost a year now I believe on my 3rd tier of unemployment and I just got this letter of notification of unemployment insurance benefits eligibility interview and it states that my appointment is on the 17th of August which is this Saturday coming up. It also says the interview will be discussed about questions that are on the back of this form. The questions are as followed....

The information you provided to obtain benefits on your unemployment insurance claim.
What information may have been incorrect or inadequate?
Why did you give that information?

Your receipt of wages from a prior employer.
What type of payments did you receive?
How much was the payments before taxes were taken out?
What is the name and phone number of the employer making the payment?

The reason why you did not provide the information required to file your new claim.
This information may include:
Your last employer name and address, a letter from social security administration verifying your ssn assigned to you, proof of wages earned, answers to any other questions required to file a claim.

So that's what I got in the mail, is this just something they send out to all people who have been receiving unemployment benefits? Has anyone else received this in the mail or completed the interview and should I be worried? Please help I'm super stressed.

Last edited by tarrenseng; 08-12-2013 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: typo
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 12:25 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
CA is in the process of recertifying your claim because you have reached the end of your benefit year. In the process, it appears CA found record of unexplained earnings for you in its database since you first filed for benefits. Don't worry about this, provided you've reported any earnings you had this year when you claimed. CA may be trying to determine if you have new claim eligibility.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:47 PM

32 posts, read 72,630 times
Hello ariadne22, thanks for your reply I appreciate your message and advice, I actually never reported any earnings so I'm wondering why they would be sending me this letter, is this a normal letter people receive? Since my phone interview is on Saturday coming up but I turned in my weekly claim form yesterday and I'm supposed to be getting paid tomorrow, I'm guessing I will not be getting paid till the phone interview? Has anyone else received this letter or has any experience with this?

I remember I worked one day at a special event but I didn't give my social security number or anything, it was pretty much working for a family member and he wrote me a personal check.. if they somehow found out about that am I screwed?

Thanks for the feedback
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment