Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 06:05 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times

Advertisements

Moved from a WI thread, since your Q is on Texas (not Wisconsin):
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid82fromSD View Post
My question is this. This may have been asked so I apologize in advance, I still have a balance left in my account, is it possible I can recieve my remaining benefits amount or at least my usual 2 week pay amount?

I just got off the phone with Texas Workforce's automated line and they've advised they will be back in office on the 27th, they mentioned somewhere along the lines of releasing funds, although the cut off date as we all know is the 28th. I'm not sure what the guidelines are for the other states, but I'm just curious as to why not just simply release the funds (for those that still have $ in their balance) on the 27/28th as an emergency deposit priority.

The automated message says that the last day they can pay benefits is on or before the 28th. So technically speaking, there's a slight chance we could be receiving funds by the 28th.

All in all, I'm hurting for cash lol, and I could really use a miracle.

I'd like hear what everyone's thoughts are on this matter.
Neither you nor anyone else will be receiving unemployment benefits for week ending 12/28 until after December 29th.

Why not release it???

Because some people may have worked that week and will be reporting earnings.

Or, some people may not claim that week at all because they went out of town and didn't perform work searches and weren't "able and available."

Or, maybe they died between the last time they claimed and week ending December 28th..

Think about it. .... All kinds of things can happen.

For that reason, unemployment benefits are NEVER paid in advance.

The automated message means last week for which benefit payments can be made is December 28th.

Clearly, you will not be claiming week ending December 28th until after December 28th.

The states are authorized to make these payments into January. TX will pay you, as usual, when you next claim - AFTER 12/28.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-26-2013 at 06:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 10:53 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
All of the foregoing relates to FEDERAL EUC benefits. If you are still on State of TX benefits, those can be paid into 2014 until exhausted or you reach your bye, whichever occurs first.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-26-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment