Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 03:11 PM

17 posts, read 13,527 times

Advertisements

Here are the time line of my write ups

First write up-
Car accident in rental vehical- I avoided a head on collision with a driver who ran the red light ultimately hitting a low curb i could not see. Signed writeup and suspended without pay and restricted from using company car.

Second write up- the keys to a lock got stuck between My car seat. I didnt realized untill the key was needed. The Oring holding the king was not good. It come off without me noticing during work. I sign that as well.

Final write up was for the GPS tracker explained in the thread.

All of these are different things none display repeated mistakes.

How do I appeal my employers appeal since he took so long to appeal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 03:29 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,211,268 times
You don't say if you are an hourly employee, but your initial post looks like you were asked to work too many hours in too short a timespan. I would contact the state labor board to see if your employer violated the law.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:16 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,644,452 times
I am not an expert, but I have had to collect unemployment and it sounds to me like they're stretching the definition of misconduct. Can you look at your state's unemployment website and find a definition or examples there? You made fireable mistakes, but misconduct typically applies to actions you took that you knew were unethical or illegal. For example, a banker wants to sell a customer a credit card and knowingly puts a high income in the system or lists a job they know the person no longer has. Or someone punches a wall or sends lewd email. I worked with a woman who came in earlier than anyone else, logged into the timekeeping system, then left for two hours and came back, but stayed logged in. She did this for months on end. In a way that's stealing company money. They didn't go after her with the law but that's misconduct.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:21 PM

I was an hourly employee and I made 12.25 an hour but my gross for 9 months gross over 28000. So I did too much overtime. Always accepted OT becusse I was reliable.. if i worked only full time I am sapposed to make only 23500 with a 12 month length.

Im in the state of CA.

Im not trying to go after my company and sue or discipline. I only want to look out for myself in this appeal. How do I appeal thier appeal?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 PM

13,176 posts, read 21,212,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek562 View Post
Im in the state of CA.

Im not trying to go after my company and sue or discipline. I only want to look out for myself in this appeal. How do I appeal thier appeal?
First things first, when I said timeline, I was talking about your unemplyment.

So what day did you get terminated?
What day did you apply?
Did you have an interview (usually on the phone)?
What was the determination of that interview?
What was the date of that determination?
You received a Notice of Appeal saying your employer is appealing, what was the date of the notice?
On that notice it state the specific items to be covered by that hearing, what are the issues?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:51 PM

Terminated on 9/14
Applied at 9/20
Interview at 9/30
Determination- approved for unemployment on 10/15 reason of unfit for the job.
however I didnt start recieving benefits untill 01/30/2015
Employer appealed june 2nd
Hearing july 2nd

Covered in the hearing is
should employer reserve be charged and 2nd was I in missconduct

Old 06-29-2015, 12:29 AM

424 posts, read 384,490 times
wow you're former employer sounds like a major $$$hole for overworking you, not paying for overtime, firing you, AND then even appealing unemployment benefits?..... I have no idea what the laws are surrounding this, but be happy you are out of that terrible situation.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 AM

Im also new to this, thank GOD FOR THIS SITE. Im confident that I will hopefully win.

On another note I went 5 months of using my own car for work with no gas reimbursement.
Sueing them for it seem too complicated. If I had more knowledge I probably would.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:18 PM

44,434 posts, read 20,202,488 times
Thread moved to Unemployment sub-forum.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:26 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,213,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek562 View Post
Employer appealed june 2nd
Hearing july 2nd

Covered in the hearing is
should employer reserve be charged and 2nd was I in missconduct
You need to go view the hearing file.

Jun 2 for an employer appeal should have triggered a "timeliness issue."

You need to raise that issue FIRST thing before the hearing gets too far underway. You want to know, "why did the employer wait from 9/20 until Jun 2 to appeal?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment