Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,162 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm so worried. A week has passed with no written or online confirmation as to the decision about my unemployment benefits. Quick background. I'm receiving benefits. They stop and I'm told I have a scheduled interview with employer. During the first 19 minutes of interview, the employer refuses to stay on the phone because she's too busy. The claims examiner tells her and I that she has 48 to call back or a decision will be made based on her interview with me. 48 comes and goes. No phone call. Yet I claim my benefits and they say unpayable at the time. No letter in the mail, no benefits deposited. Does the employer can any more chances? Do they forfeit. Do I win, so to speak? The employer claims I quit. Then tells unemployment that it was mutual. However she really let me go on April 19 the after my shift and said it wasn't working out. But here's the kicker, which I told the claims examiner, not only did her story change twice between saying I quit and then saying that it was mutual, but back in February my ex employer posted an ad on craigslist for my job to replace me. I found out about a month later but didn't tell her that I knew but I did. Can anyone assuage my worries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:26 PM

20 posts, read 33,729 times
Do you mean she had 48 hours to call back and didn't? Was she asked if she had anything to back up her claim that you quit/it was mutual? Sounds like she was expecting you to roll over and quit the call when things weren't going her way. Just maintain that you were laid off and you should be fine. Keep in mind they can probably contest your benefits again once payments resume.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:15 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,807,525 times
Depending on your state, it can take 7-10 days for the decision to work into the system. If you won/lost info should be coming soon. The fact the employer hung up, may work in your favor, but even if you lost APPEAL again. As Chyvan would say "Don't STOP!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment