Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 10:15 AM

4 posts, read 9,318 times

Advertisements

SYB ( second year benefits ) ... I worked parttime and made the amount necessary for SYB ... I was informed ,after 5 months employment, on a Wednesday that I needed to get an Illinois Drivers Licenses by Friday or they would start termination papers on Monday... I had a valid GA licenses and was told several times that it was ok as long as it was valid ... the company did a background check and also postponed my start date a month because of a manager change ... I worked on Thursday and on Monday I got a call from my District Manager saying not to go into work Tuesday because I didnt get my licenses changed Friday ... when they told me on Wed I asked for a couple weeks because I didnt have the money to pay to get my licenses change and that I could do it next week when we got paid ... BTW my checks were only $80 every two weeks at this time ... the determination letter states that since the employer didnt have control of me obtaining this licenses that I voluntarily left.
How do I request to have my manager and DM on the call to verify I didnt quit and to have the recruiter that they are blaming for the mistake available ... I have her old emails ... she is no longer with the company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 01:21 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,213,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripp1420 View Post
How do I request to have my manager and DM on the call to verify I didnt quit and to have the recruiter that they are blaming for the mistake available ... I have her old emails ... she is no longer with the company
You don't necessarily need to. If they hired you with a GA license, then that WAS the condition of employment. If they CHANGED it to require you to have an IL license, then you don't have to do it especially because the cost for what you were getting paid was out of line.

This is a case where you either told the story wrong or the UI person only listened to just enough of the story to improperly justify a denial.

Losing a license or failing to obtain one is most of the time disqualifying, but you HAVE a license, your employer just decided they didn't like it, so that's on them, and this is a discharge for something other than misconduct.

Just appeal with "the determination dated mm/dd/yy is wrong. I want an appeal hearing scheduled." From here on out, you have to say that you were fired and say no more. When the employer talks about this "IL license," you'll be able to say, "I was hired with a GA license, and there was no requirement for me to have an IL license."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment