Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 461 times

Advertisements

So I'm only 19 years old and I had my first job for almost 8 months I left that job for another one. After almost a month at my new one with no warning, no write ups I get called into my manager office because she's "letting me go" the only reason she gave for it was the " she didn't think it was the right fit for me" I put 100% into my work, the were people hired after me, people with write ups, and people who just plain suck at there job. I did have a few accidents working at a NEW job ( doesn't everyone) I messed up on an order ONCE. The biggest thing that probably happened is we're closed on Sundays so I checked the schedule on Friday and it said I had the following Monday off. Come Monday my friend calls me saying Hey you're suppose to be here at 8 when I got to work the spot where It said I had Monday off was covered with white out and It now said I work at 8. My manager was in Ireland when I got hired so I was actually hired by the owner of the business himself. I believe that I was terminated because I didn't have a cell phone because I don't believe in them and basically because my manager just didn't like me. I actually heard from multiple people that I was fired simply because she wasn't the one to hire me and she has a dictatorship going on, meaning it wasn't actually HER that gave the okay to hire me. I truly believe there was nothing I could have done to not be fired. I just need opinions on my unemployment eligibility. Feel free to ask questions if something needs to be clarified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 06:26 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,205,395 times
Your state matters in regards into whether you have enough earnings in the base period and on whether you worked enough to purge a disqualification for quitting your 8 month job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamm View Post
So I'm only 19 years old and I had my first job for almost 8 months I left that job for another one. After almost a month
You need to calculate your base period because you might find that applying now gets you a low benefit with few weeks of benefits and you might be better served waiting to apply on July 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamm View Post
I just need opinions on my unemployment eligibility.
This long story is the least of your worries. What really happened does NOT matter. What matters is the story that you tell UI when you apply. Your version is that you were "Fired" and don't say another word. Being fired with no extra details that suggest misconduct is qualifying (missing a scheduled shift might very well rise to level of misconduct so keep your mouth shut).

Then next step is what the employer has to say. You just wait and see what happens, and if denied, you use the employer's story and then start working on your appeal.

For now, be more concerned with your earnings and having them bucketed in the most advantageous way, and whether you're going to have to deal with a dual separation issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment