Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,901 times

Advertisements

I applied for edd 6.24.2016
I had a phone interview 2 weeks ago and havent received any money.. i was told they were gonna wait on my employer to respond and a week passed from the date they said.

I received a blank letter that just says on top week paid 07.02.16 - 07.09.16 $0.00

And i received another letter exactly the same for the other 2 weeks and last night i cerified for the other two weeks and online it saus week disqualified.... i havent received anything but the letters that i mention... was i denied? Has anyone gone through this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:37 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr1307 View Post
I applied for edd 6.24.2016
I had a phone interview 2 weeks ago and havent received any money.. i was told they were gonna wait on my employer to respond and a week passed from the date they said.

I received a blank letter that just says on top week paid 07.02.16 - 07.09.16 $0.00

And i received another letter exactly the same for the other 2 weeks and last night i cerified for the other two weeks and online it saus week disqualified.... i havent received anything but the letters that i mention... was i denied? Has anyone gone through this?
Yes, it appears you were denied. Your interview was just two weeks ago. The interviewer has apparently disqualified you and that decision has made its way through the EDD system. You should be getting a letter soon - probably tomorrow or the next day - stating exactly on what grounds you were denied.

When you get that letter, post the exact decision, the reasoning, for better guidance on how to proceed with an appeal.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:39 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr1307 View Post
two weeks and online it saus week disqualified....
Depends why you were disqualified. Could be that you were disqualified for excess earnings. Could be zero because it was for waiting week credit. Because it's now August, and you've gotten no money, you might very well have a separation disqualification. You really don't know enough, but if you were fired or quit, it might be a safe bet that something is up, and you have to appeal if you want the money.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,901 times
I called and they told me i was denied because my employer said i voluntary quit... thats a lie...

Old 08-09-2016, 08:55 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times
File an appeal REQUEST. "The determination dated mm/dd/yy is wrong. I want an appeal hearing scheduled," is sufficient.

Come back when you get your hearing notice so we can start working on your strategy at the appeal hearing.

Why don't you talk a bit about the day you lost your job? There might be evidence you want to obtain now that might be impossible to get later. Did your employer maybe call you? Print your phone records to show that you got an incoming call, on a date, at a time, and how long it lasted. Text message(s) or email(s).

When the employer claims that you quit, they have to prove it. They can do it with a letter of resignation from you, or they can have a person testify that you personally told them that you quit. The first is more damning, but the second will come down to credibility.

Last edited by Chyvan; 08-09-2016 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 09:56 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
If employer says you quit, and you say you were discharged, employer's word is almost always accepted and you fight the issue out at appeal. Continue to file biweekly claims. When you win at appeal - which you probably will - CA needs the claims in its system so that it can pay you for all the retro weeks.

Know that it always pays to appeal in California. Over 55% of initial determinations are overturned. CA ALJs are very claimant-friendly. The appeal should be heard in about five or six weeks, possibly earlier, with a decision shortly thereafter.

When you get the determination, file an immediate appeal request. Also, post the exact decision when you get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment