Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 1,179 times

Advertisements

Though I met all the criteria for claiming my benefits I received a mail saying my UI claim is denied. My assignment got over by November mid and my employer is a temporary staff agency. He tried to place me in another project before couple of days my assignment was getting over. I was not selected unfortunately due to insufficient experience. I told my employer to contact me when any suitable position comes. I was scheduled an interview after 2 months I filed the claim and the phone interview went well. My employer was also there in conference . After a week I received a mail saying I m not eligible saying the above reason. I m sure they are stopping me for some other reason though I m completely eligible . Do they think I may not require that money seeing my family income or some other factors like I don't have any dependent under me??? Please help and I m deeply upset . Why I would have been discriminated like this ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:23 AM

16,701 posts, read 15,701,811 times

Moving thread to the Unemployment forum from the Atheism & Agnosticism forum.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:53 AM

13,134 posts, read 21,027,138 times
We need a timeline of events.
When did you stop working?
When did you contact the temp agency?
What did they say?
What additional contacts were made?
What was the reason unemployment stated (specifically from the determination) for the denial?
Have you spoken to anyone at unemployment after this?
Dates for all are also important
Have you filed an appeal? If so what did you say?

Old 01-19-2017, 05:19 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,099,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashlaks View Post
I was scheduled an interview after 2 months I filed the claim and the phone interview went well. My employer was also there in conference .
Type in the WHOLE letter. While you may not understand what it means, we'll be able to tell you exactly what you did wrong not to get your UI.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,179 times
Thanks for replying to my post .
I stopped working by November mid.
I did not contact the temp agency , I told them to contact me if any suitable position opens for me.
The temp agency tried to put me in another project where I was not selected due to insufficient experience .
The recruiter of the temp agency told there is no suitable positions for me since it was year end . So I did not contact them.
After I filed the UI I received a mail from labor department saying I would have quit my job . Phone interview was scheduled on 9 th Jan 2017. Employer was also there in the conference . The claim agent cross verified everything I answered . There was one question whether I contacted them for any opening . I gave the same reply as above . I also told the claim agent that I was searching the job on my own by applying online. The agent told there is nothing like you have to work for the same agency it is fine as long as you are actively seeking the job. Over the call she told in a week I will be getting to know whether my claim is approved or not .
I received a mail from labor department stating it is not approved since I did not contact the temp agency which show I m not available for work. One thing which led me to distress was the claim agent told I may not have to look for any mail from them and I just have to look into my bank account only . I seriously don't know whether my employer played a game or the claim agent . Atlast I was the one to get disappointed .

P.s. The claim agent told that I may not have to look anywhere when I added a reason for me deciding not to work for the temp agency anymore. The reason was they fired me once for some other person and my client manager was the one who helped me to come back to the same position . I totally thought it is meaningless to file an appeal for the following reason .
1- The temp agency found a job for me very next day which was on 10th and told the start date is fen 6
2- I agreed to take up the position since the decision was on hold even though it was for a lesser rate.
3- After receiving that my UI claim amount is denied , I decided not to work for them anymore and told I gor another suitable offer .

Old 02-02-2017, 07:20 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,099,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Type in the WHOLE letter.
You missed this part. I don't care what you say any more. It doesn't matter. In a UI denial you start with the WHOLE letter telling you why you're not getting UI.

Besides that, it was two weeks ago I asked you to type in the letter, and you never came back. If you want your benefits, you need to stick with it. You may have missed your chance to appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment