Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 03:49 PM

4 posts, read 1,457 times

Advertisements

I am currently getting CA unemployment. One of the questions I am asked when I submit my weekly job search info is asking if I have received any money from other sources. They list one of these sources as "royalties". My husband gets a "small" royalty check monthly, the royalties are in his name only as it was an inheritance to him, however it does get deposited into a joint checking account. Do I have to claim this money when i submit my weekly claims??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 03:55 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,191,553 times
They are asking about YOUR money, not your husband's. It's really that easy. Why are you trying to complicate things?

Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 AM

4 posts, read 1,457 times
Not trying to complicate things.....just trying to understand them. Guess I always think in Calif and your married....what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine.
Thank u for the response.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:52 PM

13,162 posts, read 21,176,125 times
The question is specifically asking "Did you....", that means EDD want to know if you and only you were paid income. They do not care what you get as payments that is not income for wage purposes, or any other income that is otherwise exempt by law and most certainly they could care less what other family members get as income. Unemployment is about you and you only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment