Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 09:26 AM

4 posts, read 2,778 times

Advertisements

Hello so I received UI benefits for about 4 weeks, then when I went to claim unemployment benefits it said it was not payable, I then seen that I had an appointment with a claims examiner. The lady was very nice and explained to me that my former employer was trying to say that I voluntarily quit my job. I explained to the claims examiner about what happened and how the employer just took me off the schedule and how I tried to contact her and call the office but she would not accept my calls and I texted her phone and called her and she like turned her read receipts on and ignored what I said. My appointment was on October 31 and the examiners said if I was denied benefits I would hear from them by a written letter by the next 3-5 days. I still haven’t received a determination letter and every time I try to call the unemployment agency the line is busy and I can’t get through what should I do from here, and what do you guys think about my determination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 AM

I would also like to add that I live in Nj

Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,107,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonei View Post
what should I do from here,
You wait, and stop calling the UI people. They are busy enough. If you get through, they won't tell you anything anyway. You're just plugging up the queue.

Quote:
and what do you guys think about my determination.
If you get denied, you can deal with it at a hearing. SAVE those texts and phone records before you lose them. They make excellent evidence.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Thank you, does it normally take this long to get a denial from them? And also they informed me that my former employer had a day to respond to them, what happens if they didn’t report back?

Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,107,425 times
Quote:
Thank you, does it normally take this long to get a denial from them?
10 days would be the norm for a situation where the stories conflict.

Quote:
what happens if they didn’t report back?
Nothing. The UI people will decide if you quit or if you were removed from the schedule. You just don't know who they will believe. However, since you know that quitting can be an issue, you are in a position to gather your evidence before it's lost.

The goal here is to get UI and keep it, and stop worrying about how long it's taking. You can't control that, but you can make sure that you have the better story backed up with evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment