Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 08:38 AM

525 posts, read 339,855 times

Advertisements

After 3 months of calling, they finally called me from unemployment today and told me I won't be receiving anything because I received uneployment from August-November. I was terminated by not my fault that's why I was paid for 14 weeks. Then I got a new job in January. Due to the virus I was off for 3 and a half weeks. My employer submited the claims. I thought the whole point of the pandemic claim was to give extension to those who already used up their regular unemployment benefits. And in June I have been off for 3 weeks now and uneployment told me I don't qualify for pandemic claim so who the hell does? Are they lying to me? I live in GA. Today I will submit another claim for March-April that my employer submitted. You can only file for a regular claim then you have to wait until they email a pandemic claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 10:24 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
After 3 months of calling, they finally called me from unemployment today and told me I won't be receiving anything because I received uneployment from August-November. I was terminated by not my fault that's why I was paid for 14 weeks. Then I got a new job in January. Due to the virus I was off for 3 and a half weeks. My employer submited the claims. I thought the whole point of the pandemic claim was to give extension to those who already used up their regular unemployment benefits. And in June I have been off for 3 weeks now and uneployment told me I don't qualify for pandemic claim so who the hell does? Are they lying to me? I live in GA. Today I will submit another claim for March-April that my employer submitted. You can only file for a regular claim then you have to wait until they email a pandemic claim.

When was your original claim file date (the one that you collected August - November)? When does your benefit year expire? Write out your timeline with exact filing/reopening dates and employment dates. Did they say you weren't eligible for the PEUC 13 week extension? or just denied for regular UI claim? 3 months ago they didn't have PEUC extensions in place.
Who is eligible for PEUC?

For Georgia you are eligible for PEUC if:

You are unemployed for weeks within the time frame of March 29 through December 26, 2020;
You exhausted your regular state or federal benefits after July 6, 2019;
You are not currently eligible for state or federal unemployment benefits; and
You are able and available to work.

Other states don't have that first clause listed for eligibility for PEUC extension. You were employed after that march 29th date correct?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:21 PM

525 posts, read 339,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
When was your original claim file date (the one that you collected August - November)? When does your benefit year expire? Write out your timeline with exact filing/reopening dates and employment dates. Did they say you weren't eligible for the PEUC 13 week extension? or just denied for regular UI claim? 3 months ago they didn't have PEUC extensions in place.
Who is eligible for PEUC?

For Georgia you are eligible for PEUC if:

You are unemployed for weeks within the time frame of March 29 through December 26, 2020;
You exhausted your regular state or federal benefits after July 6, 2019;
You are not currently eligible for state or federal unemployment benefits; and
You are able and available to work.

Other states don't have that first clause listed for eligibility for PEUC extension. You were employed after that march 29th date correct?
I submitted the claim in August 2019 and started getting uneployment benefits in September and my last unemployment benefit I got the first week of December. That claim started on 8/25/19 and ends in 8/26/20. For that job I started in May 2018 until August 2019. The new job now I started January 2nd of this year. The first day off due to virus was 3/28 and last day was 4/18. Employer filed a claim every Tuesday so the first claim they filed it on the 31st of March. Unemployment today didn't mention PEUC. She only said I wasn't eligible for anything but mentioned PUA a few times saying I wasn't eligible for that. Now I submitted a new claim for June for 2 weeks and she said it's pending and said I am not going to recieve anything since I already got unemployment benefits last year. Am I supposed to be eligible for any of the pandemic claims and what about the claims from March-April? Is unemployment lying to me? I am still employed at the same job I started in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment