Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 10:44 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymann View Post
Ok people on other forums are saying no. We shall see. Thank you.
Saying what? that in Virginia you aren't entitled to the 13 of EB if you already got 26(UI) + 13 (PEUC)? And their reasoning for that is???

Everything I've read says yes as long as claimants are ELIGIBLE for the EB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 02:36 PM

17 posts, read 8,996 times
I wonder about that too. I'm in CA, and just started Pandemic 13 weeks. I know FED-ED is happening here, but I have no idea for how long or if it will be around when my current 13 weeks is up.

It's all so scary and uncertain.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:33 AM

63 posts, read 38,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Saying what? that in Virginia you aren't entitled to the 13 of EB if you already got 26(UI) + 13 (PEUC)? And their reasoning for that is???

Everything I've read says yes as long as claimants are ELIGIBLE for the EB.
Yes, I asked the same question on a VA Unemployment help facebook page and she pointed me to the attached graphic. I do see a EB application available in my gov app. I'm assuming I should apply to that a couple weeks before my PEUC runs out?
Attached Thumbnails
How does EB work?-117824601_10158097007926028_4189318240533190663_o.jpg  

Old 08-15-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, I asked the same question on a VA Unemployment help facebook page and she pointed me to the attached graphic. I do see a EB application available in my gov app. I'm assuming I should apply to that a couple weeks before my PEUC runs out?
maybe an uninformed UI worker. that's not the EB extended benefits. that's for a PUA claim if not eligible for EB. EB doesn't require you to apply for it.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Here's the link from Federal Register that definitely says Virginia triggered EB on 5/31/20

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ansas-colorado

I think it's way too early and Virginia hasn't gotten their ducks in a row. they didn't even start processing PEUC 13 weeks until I believe July. a couple of months after other states had already implemented PEUC so this doesn't surprise why nothing on the website about EB extensions.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:03 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,765,357 times
Been wondering about that. In NC you get 12 weeks. I applied for an extension and got 13 more weeks. On their website it seems as if there is another extension available for 9 1/2 weeks. I guess I'll find out in another month or so when my extension runs out. No jobs and my old job is never coming back.

Anyone ever been successful getting unpaid PTO? I have quite a few hours accumulated. Might be on a case by case basis I think.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Been wondering about that. In NC you get 12 weeks. I applied for an extension and got 13 more weeks. On their website it seems as if there is another extension available for 9 1/2 weeks. I guess I'll find out in another month or so when my extension runs out. No jobs and my old job is never coming back.

Anyone ever been successful getting unpaid PTO? I have quite a few hours accumulated. Might be on a case by case basis I think.
I see 9.6 weeks listed for NC as well for the EB. Never had the pleasure of fighting for PTO yet.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:38 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,765,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
I see 9.6 weeks listed for NC as well for the EB. Never had the pleasure of fighting for PTO yet.

Strange thing is I got furloughed late March. My online account with my company listed my status as Active until last week when it changed to Released/Laid Off. All this time they have been adding PTO vacation hours and sick hours to my account so I don't know how to read this at all. I want to return to work but since this is at an airport the chance my job comes back is slight at best. We had a 3 man crew no just one guy is working and he's only getting 15 hours a week. I guess I will have access to my online account until the W-2's post next year and then I probably won't have access. Don't want to risk asking for vacation PTO if there is any chance of a return.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:57 AM

63 posts, read 38,156 times
In my gov2go app timeline, it shows an EB application that's due today. If I apply it says my SSN is not currently approved. I still have 3 weeks of PEUC. I'm still unsure if I will qualify for further weeks: Is that the reason I can't apply? Why is it showing a Aug 31 deadline? Does that apply to everyone or just me? Might I qualify for EB in the future when PEUC runs out? Going to try calling and see if I get through.

Old 08-31-2020, 03:36 PM

67 posts, read 31,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
Sorry, I didn't even know anything came after PEUC. Hopefully, someone will be able to chime in on this for you.... :-)
As far as I knew as well, there was no federal extensions either after the 13 weeks. I'm in NJ, but evidently because the unemployment rate was so high NJ tacked on an extra 20 weeks once the 13 week PEUC ran out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment