Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2020, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 764 times

Advertisements

I guess I joined a long line of folks in this.
Can't even register/file a claim.
No luck trying to login to an existing account, nor resetting password (does not recognize email) and trying to create a new account on the NJ site. Filled in the form to report the issue but no one responded for a week. Is that too early to expect any response just to login?
No one is picking up any calls. Even tried to call after hours as advised by someone.
All I could get through is to go to phone option to file a claim and put in the basic information but of course it is not complete until an agent talks to you! It seems I have hit a dead-end.
Anyone tried anything different? I saw people tried emails but no one responded.

Appreciate suggestions from anyone who managed to file the claim recently through the site or otherwise. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 08:01 PM

527 posts, read 387,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayak20 View Post
I guess I joined a long line of folks in this.
Can't even register/file a claim.
No luck trying to login to an existing account, nor resetting password (does not recognize email) and trying to create a new account on the NJ site. Filled in the form to report the issue but no one responded for a week. Is that too early to expect any response just to login?
No one is picking up any calls. Even tried to call after hours as advised by someone.
All I could get through is to go to phone option to file a claim and put in the basic information but of course it is not complete until an agent talks to you! It seems I have hit a dead-end.
Anyone tried anything different? I saw people tried emails but no one responded.

Appreciate suggestions from anyone who managed to file the claim recently through the site or otherwise. Thanks!
I was just about to make a similar post. Went to login on Thursday to claim and it said “ERROR: Your Certification Cannot be Processed”

This was After repeated issues/delays since July (I would end up getting paid after 2-4 week delay)

Old 12-24-2020, 10:33 PM

6 posts, read 3,442 times
Hi,

I am having the same issue. I had a claim in Jan for 3 months and then i got a job. Now i have put 3 online claims but i cant certify as they say error and contact customer service. But since 2 weeks even at the time it opens it says call the next day, we are done for the day??? Like what should i do. Are the lines down?

Old 12-25-2020, 11:43 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,771,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aws1989 View Post
Hi,

I am having the same issue. I had a claim in Jan for 3 months and then i got a job. Now i have put 3 online claims but i cant certify as they say error and contact customer service. But since 2 weeks even at the time it opens it says call the next day, we are done for the day??? Like what should i do. Are the lines down?
When you became unemployed again did you REOPEN the claim versus just trying to go in and claim weeks? You can't go in and certify/claim weeks again until you REOPEN the claim. Otherwise the next week payable date won't be updated. And NJ DOL needs to look at the newest job separation. What is the exact certification error message you're getting when you try to claim?

Old 12-27-2020, 04:49 PM

It says" The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 01-26-2020 has expired.No unemployment benefits are availble to you at this time. If you returned to work since filling this claim, you may be eligible to file for a new claim."

But the thing is, I have already applied for a new claim, but it stills shows my claim from January when I go online to check it.

I can't even get in touch with the call center as even at 8 AM EST they say they are done for the day and call the next business day.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:09 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,771,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aws1989 View Post
It says" The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 01-26-2020 has expired.No unemployment benefits are availble to you at this time. If you returned to work since filling this claim, you may be eligible to file for a new claim."

But the thing is, I have already applied for a new claim, but it stills shows my claim from January when I go online to check it.

I can't even get in touch with the call center as even at 8 AM EST they say they are done for the day and call the next business day.
when did you file the new claim? did you check your DOL online dashboard? that is the most accurate.. versus checking from check claim status from NJ UI website. Normally UI check claim status will have old claim showing BUT the dashboard will show new claim pending.. takes about a week to go from pending to filed.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:12 PM

I only know about the unemployment website which is. https://lwdwebpt.dol.state.nj.us/Cla...laimStatus.htm

And I submitted my first claim on November 13th 2020, then a second one after a week and then the 3rd one just now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment